if rangers decided not to invoke the cancelation clause then they should leave the lad to stick with Scotland for the two games.

Whilst recognizing the points made by Tannoch, I agree with you.

He's away with the Scotland squad so let him be, whether he plays on Friday, or not (we all know he won't).

I'd imagine that players who didn't play against Ireland will be working out on the Saturday as the manager's thought's turn towards the England game.

Ally should just get on with preparing the Alloa game without Lewis MacLeod.

Any other player at this moment in time and I would endorse my fellow contributors who say we should leave him alone to enjoy his first senior squad call-up.

It is a purely selfish desire to find a solution to let him play as he is the only player I have enjoyed watching play in Rangers colours for some time now. Even in a bad game he is likely to have a lovely pass, attempted pass, shot, run etc that puts a smile on my face, and sadly I cannot think of another player who has consistently done this since our demotion.

If I wasnt going to the game on Saturday, or if we had other players worth the admission money, I would be firmly in the let him enjoy his call-up camp. Enduring what I and my fellow match-going bears have to watch each week, I think I am allowed this hypothetical indulgence.

This should be a fairly simple solution. If Strachan decides to play Lewis, even as a last minute sub, on Friday night at the piggery, then he stays with the squad. If Lewis gets no game time at all, then he should be released on Saturday morning to play for us, and return to Scotland on Saturday night to prepare for the England game. I doubt the squad will be doing much on the Saturday anyway, so he shouldnt be missing out on much if he leaves for a few hours to bale us out.

While I completely agree with you TB, I also think there's an element of risk involved because if Strachan & co at the Scotland camp ended up thinking we're messing them about, then it could potentially hamper the lad's chances of further call-ups in the near future.