I think the next 24 hours may well show just how involved Ashley is in the decision-making.

If he's the boss (and it seems so) and he is wanting to return Rangers to better things (not as certain) then I can't see him standing by Ally.

I think the next 24 hours may well show just how involved Ashley is in the decision-making.

If he's the boss (and it seems so) and he is wanting to return Rangers to better things (not as certain) then I can't see him standing by Ally.

Chris McLaughlin @BBCchrismclaug 11m

.@BBCSport learns talks have taken place at senior level re future of #Rangers boss Ally McCoist - his job is not under immediate threat.

there's your answer.

We are in the process of becoming a virtual football club with virtually all functions of importance being outsourced to Sports Direct/Newcastle United.

Not a Rangers minded person in anything other than a junior position.

We are Rangers in name only.

There are two tricky games this month away to QOS & Hibs. Being already nine points adrift failing to get maximum points from these 2 games should mean the end for McCoist as Hertz would almost certainly increase their lead at the top.

Then we'd be looking at play offs & I don't fancy our chances against Hibs from what we've seen so far this season. We'd then need to be looking at finance for new players(assuming it was forthcoming from somewhere) and no one but no one would surely let Ally loose signing new players meaning a new manager would be required

There are two tricky games this month away to QOS & Hibs. Being already nine points adrift failing to get maximum points from these 2 games should mean the end for McCoist as Hertz would almost certainly increase their lead at the top.

Then we'd be looking at play offs & I don't fancy our chances against Hibs from what we've seen so far this season. We'd then need to be looking at finance for new players(assuming it was forthcoming from somewhere) and no one but no one would surely let Ally loose signing new players meaning a new manager would be required

It could become a cold December in many ways. You'd hope at least football fortune gives us a smile every now and then. If we suffer defeat at the hands of Hibs and/or QotS, I'd assume a decision about his future will be made for McCoist, not by him.

Edited by der Berliner

It could become a cold December in many ways. You'd hope at least football fortune gives us a smile every now and then. If we suffer defeat at the hands of Hibs and/or QotS, I'd assume a decision about his future will be made for McCoist, not by him.

A decision made when it's too late. Forever reactive, never proactive.