It could become a cold December in many ways. You'd hope at least football fortune gives us a smile every now and then. If we suffer defeat at the hands of Hibs and/or QotS, I'd assume a decision about his future will be made for McCoist, not by him.

But who will take that decision? Will greedy Ally demand his full compensation?

Edited by RANGERRAB

Dude, what???

Will greedy Ally ... is stretching it. While I know that McCoist is earning quite a lot, he sure isn't "greedy" in the sense that the quote implies.

The English equivalent would probably be "putting the church back into the village", in German it's essentially stopping the church (i.e the argument) from "leaving".

Will greedy Ally ... is stretching it. While I know that McCoist is earning quite a lot, he sure isn't "greedy" in the sense that the quote implies.

The English equivalent would probably be "putting the church back into the village", in German it's essentially stopping the church (i.e the argument) from "leaving".

He isn't greedy? Are you for real? Church? Village? What?

die Kirche im Dorf lassen

Idioms are tricky buggers to translate, as literal word for word translation can lose the implied meaning unless the same or similar idioms exist in both languages (and they don't here).

dB used a well known German saying for "lets not get carried away here". (Unless I am mistaking his intent).

Edited by SteveC

die Kirche im Dorf lassen

Idioms are tricky buggers to translate, as literal word for word translation can lose the implied meaning unless the same or similar idioms exist in both languages (and they don't here).

dB used a well known German saying for "lets not get carried away here". (Unless I am mistaking his intent).

I prefer to just think he's away with the fairies :D.

I prefer to just think he's away with the fairies :D.

Well it is certainly not for me to deny that in general, just that this is not an example of particular proof (unless expecting it to be decoded is the claim and that would be rather harsh.) Perhaps you could find other proof for your "away with the fairies" theory in utterances re a succession of asset stripping, money grabbing RFC destroying barstewards? As ol' Leggat used to endlessly put it: "I couldn't possibly say".

Edited by SteveC