It wasn't the current board who set Ally's onerous remuneration contract.It was Martin bloody Bain and it got TUPE'd over to the newco.FWIW I think they would have got rid off him by now were it not for the exorbitant costs involved. How this will end I have no idea

Given what we have spent in the last few years, the costs wouldn't be that significant. They have no issue spending similar fees on their own bonuses.

It would be the best money we could spend. We might manage to attract a manager who can get a team passing a football as if it's actually a spherical object.

Given what we have spent in the last few years, the costs wouldn't be that significant. They have no issue spending similar fees on their own bonuses.

It would be the best money we could spend. We might manage to attract a manager who can get a team passing a football as if it's actually a spherical object.

id be happy with a manager who knows hia arse from his elbow

slightly more than one years wage for them. most of that was from the tuped over wages. Down around £5-£6m now 35% of turnover recommended is 60%. Don't get me wrong the manager is terrible but that doesn't mean the wage bill should go lower unless of course you expect the ticket prices to drop in comparison. Not the managers fault the other bills are way out of proportion. Everything should be directed towards the team, that's why we go and how you attract ticket sales.

The bonuses to which you refer are small beer in comparison to what I've read it would cost to get rid off Ally, I've read it would cost £1.6m. If that is true then serious questions need to be asked

Rather than look at one result and performance, it's more illuminating to attempt to find out what has led to it and the prevailing mood.

The sum of money spent related to performance and current state of the football operation doesn't reconcile.

There has been a strategic failure that begins in the boardroom, eg. no IPO money went into footballing infrastructure that didn't back up their expressed aim to reduce player wages to 33% of turnover. Not forgetting that it seemed to take an 120 day business review to actually form a plan and think about bringing in a chief scout, although nothing happened and they brought up another spindoctor instead.

Ally has been left to get on with things and he hasn't the capacity or ability to manage it beyond going from game to game, season to season trying to break a nut with a sledgehammer.

Look at Hearts for a club that has sorted itself out and has organised itself from the boardroom downwards so as to prioritise the football operation and have everyone throughout the club buying into the way forward. This comes from a strategy regards ownership and what would seem to be a clear footballing operation strategy.

We bought a whole pile of expensive players this summer and only one of them is any good.

I would add to the end of your sentence;...........under this coaching set-up.

I firmly believe that a good manager & coaches would get so much more out of this group of players, who continually under-deliver under this manager and coaches. This squad is the second best in Scotland, of that I have no doubt, but I believe the players have absolutely no faith in our manager or coaches, and when this happens you see repeated poor performances, players not really trying too hard, not tracking back with the same determination, not tackling with the same effort, not taking care with the passes, not having the confidence in their shooting.

I think this squad would win every remaining game in this division, freak result or two aside when nothing goes your way, with plenty to spare and would be quite entertaining to boot.

Some dont understand why, when a manager loses the dressing room, it should have any factor on a player's personal pride in themselves and for their club in their performances, but it really does. In any job, when you know the guy in charge is a complete numpty, productivity dips across the board. I believe that is what is happening before our eyes each week.

Unfortunately, we also know that the club cannot afford to get rid of Ally, Kenny & Ian as between the three of them they must be due well in excess of £1M in compensation packages if they are sacked. The 3 of them must know they are underachieving, and not getting the best out of their squad, and have decided to just hang in there and wait for the inevitable pay-day. My guess is they are thinking that as everybody else got a good pay-off, why shouldn't they? There is also the possibility that this could well be their last jobs in football management as I really dont see any of them getting another gig, such has been their abject failure to deliver anything constructive.

We bought a whole pile of expensive players this summer and only one of them is any good.

We didnt BUY any players in the summer we acquired a number of players on Bosmans and maybe that is part of the problem i.e. Trying to do things on the cheap

We didnt BUY any players in the summer we acquired a number of players on Bosmans and maybe that is part of the problem i.e. Trying to do things on the cheap

We are spending a fortune Rab, doesn't matter if they are free or cost £10m, they are costing us money we can't afford. They have cost us astronomical sums in the last 3 years. Embarrassing amounts of money. WE will have made Ian Black a comfortable millionaire by next May, Ian f*cking Black! The guy who had to go and do paint and decorating when no club would touch him. We will make that a millionaire. Same with Templeton, Law, Shiels, Bell, Wallace, will all be made millionaires on our dollar.

And the wee guys who pumped them during the last 3 years from Raith to Forfar to Stirling Albion to Annan will still be stuck in their hairdressers, garages and building sites working9 till 5 struggling to keep a roof over their families heads.

We are spending a fortune Rab, doesn't matter if they are free or cost £10m, they are costing us money we can't afford. They have cost us astronomical sums in the last 3 years. Embarrassing amounts of money. WE will have made Ian Black a comfortable millionaire by next May, Ian f*cking Black! The guy who had to go and do paint and decorating when no club would touch him. We will make that a millionaire. Same with Templeton, Law, Shiels, Bell, Wallace, will all be made millionaires on our dollar.

And the wee guys who pumped them during the last 3 years from Raith to Forfar to Stirling Albion to Annan will still be stuck in their hairdressers, garages and building sites working9 till 5 struggling to keep a roof over their families heads.

Someone once said on a forum(dont think it was this one) was that when Rangers went to the bottom division it was like winning the lottery for any SPL journeymen who happened to be out of contract at that time.In order to get them to play in the bottom tier we had to pay them a higher rate than they'd have got elsewhere.And that's what happened. money well spent? Probably not.