He's been given 700k in transfer fees. That is what he "spent", like it is with any other manager out there.

There are hardly any transfer fees in Scottish football anymore.

The resources he has been given have gone on wages (£21 million + for the lower leagues alone :sigh: )

He has been given an absolute fortune to spend in terms of Scottish football.

There are hardly any transfer fees in Scottish football anymore.

The resources he has been given have gone on wages (£21 million + for the lower leagues alone :sigh: )

He has been given an absolute fortune to spend in terms of Scottish football.

As I pointed out somewhere above already: you can blame Ally for signing insufficent players to your heart's content. Blaming him for wages being paid by the club and agreed by chairmen, CEOs and whatnot won't fall on his doorstep. Do you may also blame him for the pay-rise e.g. a Whittaker in 2011?

As I pointed out somewhere above already: you can blame Ally for signing insufficent players to your heart's content. Blaming him for wages being paid by the club and agreed by chairmen, CEOs and whatnot won't fall on his doorstep. Do you may also blame him for the pay-rise e.g. a Whittaker in 2011?

So do you admit he has been given a fortune to spend in terms of Scottish football :crash: ? I believe that's what I originally said, four times now.

The money was made available to him, to spend as he chose.

McCoist may not have the fiscal responsibility per se of his boardroom superiors but he has had a huge budget compared to every other team apart from Celtic.

Within that budget (albeit poorly supported by a flawed footballing operation) his signings have been poor and he has struggled to improve them as players. Not only that, he's failed to implement any sort of style or vision in his teams. We're defensively (or at best conservatively) minded, lack pace, lack width, lack quality, lack inspiration and lack leadership.

All these elements are his responsibility and I'd suggest he has a moral duty to his position, the club and fans to step down when his efforts are not proven good enough. I'd suggest we've moved well beyond that stage but I guess others will argue that's only the case if/when we don't reach the Premiership.

Either way McCoist may well have not had the tools other Rangers managers have had but he's still had a huge advantage over other clubs and, all things considered, he's failed to use it successfully.

Also add to that the fact that there are another 2 heftily paid side kicks by his side producing zilch either and it just paints a depressing picture with no signs of improving.

All 3 should be wearing Dick Turpin masks when they pick up their wages at month end.

Edited by Anchorman

He's been given 700k in transfer fees. That is what he "spent", like it is with any other manager out there.

According to the accounts Templeton cost around £950k. More than what every other club in the bottom 3 leagues combined have spent in the last 20 years.

He also told the board he needed millions upon millions on wages to be spent in order to win 2 part time pub leagues. And when the going got tough, for him, he cried for even more.

By the time we get back to the SPL next summer we will have spent around £40m since 2012 on our first team footballing operation, players and coaches only. Come the summer our team is going to need rebuilt and serious money is going to be needed once again to fix the mess he and his pals have made.

Edited by Super Cooper

I think the situation with Alexander was that Green had initially verbally offered him what he wanted which was a 2 year extension of his deal, then when it came to crunch time several months later he was only getting offered a 1 year deal on reduced wages. I doubt if reduced wages would've been a massive issue, but he wanted 2 years, not 1, so that was that.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ally wanted to sign Gordon because bringing back Simonsen was left until the last minute, but there wouldn't have been any spare money in the player wage budget for Ally to sign Gordon unless another high earner or two had left in the summer.

Alexander is on many times less than what he was allegedly offered at Rangers.

Also add to that the fact that there are another 2 heftily paid side kicks by his side producing zilch either and it just paints a depressing picture with no signs of improving.

All 3 should be wearing Dick Turpin masks when they pick up their wages at month end.

If it was anyone else they would be called sp!vs but no, not them, not oor Rangers men!

Alexander is on many times less than what he was allegedly offered at Rangers.

I'm sure he his, but him signing for Hearts was unlikely to be about money anyway and more about location/family and getting some games again after being released by Palace.