I would think that Murray had the most obvious financial interest, irrespective of claiming he was confident of winning TBTC, strange way of showing his faith in winning by selling for a pound, however he was of course duped as where everyone else.

David Murray did not sell for a pound. He sold for £18 million which was the amount of debt that got wiped off his balance sheet.

There is a tendency to see Ticketus as a bogeyman. I am not convinced that is true. Certainly, they made an expensive mistake. But they would not be the first or last company to do that. Just ask Hewlett Packard who made an $8.8 billion mistake with the Autonomy acquisition. Furthermore, we do not know whether or not Ticketus made that famous phone call. Maybe they did but just happened to speak to the wrong person.

I think the truth with regard to Ticketus is somewhat simpler. They saw an opportunity to do a great deal with a very well supported club and with whom they had done business before. Perhaps the details of just how they ended up getting burned will come out in due course and, hopefully, along with many other details of just what happened at Ibrox as the Crown Office develop their case against those already indicted and as other police investigations proceed.

David Murray did not sell for a pound. He sold for £18 million which was the amount of debt that got wiped off his balance sheet.

There is a tendency to see Ticketus as a bogeyman. I am not convinced that is true. Certainly, they made an expensive mistake. But they would not be the first or last company to do that. Just ask Hewlett Packard who made an $8.8 billion mistake with the Autonomy acquisition. Furthermore, we do not know whether or not Ticketus made that famous phone call. Maybe they did but just happened to speak to the wrong person.

I think the truth with regard to Ticketus is somewhat simpler. They saw an opportunity to do a great deal with a very well supported club and with whom they had done business before. Perhaps the details of just how they ended up getting burned will come out in due course and, hopefully, along with many other details of just what happened at Ibrox as the Crown Office develop their case against those already indicted and as other police investigations proceed.

If you wish to be pedantic Murray dumped his responsibilities for a pound from Whyte's pocket, that I or anyone else is expected to believe that neither Lloyds nor Murray were aware of the source of cleared funds for the Lloyds debt beggars belief, Murray has many questions to answer, will he be required to answer them, indeed at the end of the day will anyone be on trial for anything, or will it all collapse because the establishment are protecting their own.

There is also the matter of the Court of Session ruling that cleared D&P, Whitehouse and Clark of any conflict, will the presiding Judge at the time be questioned as to how he came to a conclusion that the Crown Office is openly questioning.

Ticketus got burned by their own greed it's as simple as that.

I remember Alex McLeish and Martin Bain both claiming Donald Muir to be a personal friend of theirs and a big Rangers man.

All three have one thing in common.

That they got very well rewarded for their time on the multi-layered gravytrain where everyone are "big Rangers men".

Obviously a very different narrative is behind each man and their time at Rangers.

No, he sold for £1. There was lots of assets and liabilities removed from the consolidated balance sheet when Rangers were sold so I don't see how you can just take one element of it.

There is a tendency to see Ticketus as a bogeyman. I am not convinced that is true.

The situation with Whyte buying the club and its terms were well publicised and they must have known that the money that Whyte said he was putting into the club to pay off the debt was actually coming from the club themselves. The shareholders and fans were being deliberately lied to and misled and they must have known that. What they did was certainly immoral and possibly illegal and they have to share a large part of the responsibility and blame for what went down.