For me, this hits the nail squarely on the head, as far as King is concerned.

"Agree to my deal, and I'll prove I have the cash and who's involved"......Why would ANY business agree to this???

If DK was 100% serious about the investment, why wouldn't he provide proof of funding & disclose EXACTLY who was in his consortium - What's the big secret??? What about transparency!!!

This is just DK's standard MO.....Put's an offer on the table, knowing it will get rejected, then turns round and complains about it & demands action. If he had met the required term (that Kennedy & Ashley did), the board would be hard pushed to refuse the offer, so why give them such an easy out???

In this particular case, both sides are corroborating the story - both are saying that Proof of funds & people were required and that DK was only willing to supply if the deal accepted (in principal).

Further details are required with regards to Kennedy's offer in order to determine if the Ashley deal was indeed the best.

have you considered that dave king and others may have to sell something and or raise cash that they may not want to do unless they know it will succeed.

it's like taking out a loan for a car you don't know if you are going to get.

sommers is at it. for a start it's not even the same type of funding as the other two offers so can't be lumped in with them.

what than have a debate with you when you are saying everything is ok because some money is being spent properly.

no thanks.

I asked a straight question: do you think whether Ashley is stupid enough to hand the board and company he holds shares in money to waste on director fees and the like? There was loads of speculation months ago that the 15odd-thousand people not renewing their STs will see the club run out of cash around now. Apparently this has happened and thus the Ashley loan. Do you really believe that there is or actually was this season enough money there to be siphoned away by some shadowy people or for shadowy reasons/deeds? I matter of factly do not know, but I would be hesitant to see it as a given. One might probably just look at the wage bill plus running costs and check the income to see how much would be there to siphon away. If that is not food for thought in such a debate I don't know what is?

I don't believe a word that comes from Somers, Easdale or any of their cronies, but Dave King's latest move is extremely confusing and this section of his statement in particular:

"I truly hope that those fans that continue to blindly support the club (for the right reasons) finally realise that 140 years of the club's history will be irretrievably lost unless they withhold their financial support for the current regime at matchdays and the retail outlets."

Can someone explain what he's suggesting here?

How is it that "140 years of the club's history will be irretrievably lost"?

Surely there's more chance of that happening if the fans follow the risky strategy being advocated and attempt to starve them out with a full-on boycott?

What if the boycott strategy forces the current regime into signing off on Ibrox &/or Murray Park sale & leaseback agreements that make the situation even worse?

I don't believe a word that comes from Somers, Easdale or any of their cronies, but Dave King's latest move is extremely confusing and this section of his statement in particular:

Can someone explain what he's suggesting here?

How is it that "140 years of the club's history will be irretrievably lost"?

Surely there's more chance of that happening if the fans follow the risky strategy being advocated and attempt to starve them out with a full-on boycott?

What if the boycott strategy forces the current regime into signing off on Ibrox &/or Murray Park sale & leaseback agreements that make the situation even worse?

It would appear that he's suggesting that the club's future is in serious doubt if fans continue to back the current regime.

He has to explain why it would not be in doubt if there was a massive boycott.

I would not be uncomfortable with a total boycott. I think this matter needs to be brought to a head and if a boycott does that, it is worth doing, but I would like to know the thinking behind the '140 years of history at risk' assertion.

It would appear that he's suggesting that the club's future is in serious doubt if fans continue to back the current regime.

He has to explain why it would not be in doubt if there was a massive boycott.

That's exactly what I find confusing because I don't understand how he (or anyone else at this point in time) can guarantee the safety of the club while simultaneously advocating a full-on boycott which could have dangerous, even disastrous consequences.

He really does need to explain in more detail exactly why he thinks continuing to fund the current regime will cause "140 years of the club's history" to be "irretrievably lost".

I asked a straight question: do you think whether Ashley is stupid enough to hand the board and company he holds shares in money to waste on director fees and the like? There was loads of speculation months ago that the 15odd-thousand people not renewing their STs will see the club run out of cash around now. Apparently this has happened and thus the Ashley loan. Do you really believe that there is or actually was this season enough money there to be siphoned away by some shadowy people or for shadowy reasons/deeds? I matter of factly do not know, but I would be hesitant to see it as a given. One might probably just look at the wage bill plus running costs and check the income to see how much would be there to siphon away. If that is not food for thought in such a debate I don't know what is?

We know he has. He's the cause of 2 directors being paid off and he has only loaned us money.

We have spent 70 million in 2 years 14 of that on players wages.

If the 20k who didn't renew have stemmed the flood of money out then we better get that up to 30k asap.

Disappointed in Kings statement asking for a boycott, agree with Zappa, this would only hurt us, I was always hoping in King getting us back from the clutches of this lot, but the only way you move these guys is by buying them out not calling stupid statements like yesterdays etc....consortium! surely they could have pooled together and bought them out!

We know he has. He's the cause of 2 directors being paid off and he has only loaned us money.

We have spent 70 million in 2 years 14 of that on players wages.

If the 20k who didn't renew have stemmed the flood of money out then we better get that up to 30k asap.

Over £50m was on the actual club itself. We ain't a small business.