I don't follow that logic, mate. You're in effect calling him a nutter for believing in an anti-Rangers conspiracy, but you're not backing that up with any evidence to the contrary.

I don't really see where it's his job to back up the claims he makes. If the claims are ludicrous and paranoid, they should be easy enough to disprove - and then we can all enjoy a rollicking good laugh at Rab's expense.

However, until they are exposed as paranoid nonsense, I think it would do no harm to keep an open mind.

So I'm not allowed to point to reason or the fact that the authorities that have a lot of the evidence, BDO or Police Scotland haven't pointed in Rab's direction, nor I'd imagine the financial beneficiaries along the way but I need evidence.

No, Rab needs evidence but If people want to keep an open mind that is up to them.

Note I

I tend to be very open minded on what are often disparagingly called 'conspiracy theories'. So my threshold is high and not like some, automatic.

An aside

The term 'conspiracy theory' was put forward in 1967 by the CIA, as a tool to discredit people and their message/theory, that was considered against the interests of the 'USA'.

Edited by buster.

So I'm not allowed to point to reason or the fact that the authorities that have a lot of the evidence, BDO or Police Scotland haven't pointed in Rab's direction, nor I'd imagine the financial beneficiaries along the way but I need evidence.

he may be barking up the wrong tree, or just barking ;), but if you're going to mock his claims, then I'd suggest that you do, infact, need evidence before so doing. As far as I'm aware no investigation has yet been made into the events leading up to Murray's sale of the club so the authorities would have no evidence of relevance to Rab's claims.

The problem in this case is that if, for the sake of argument, Rab is right and foul deeds were done, it would be impossible to prove that - unless Murray made secret recordings or unless the perpetrators were stupid enough to leave a paper or email trail.

Note I

I tend to be very open minded on what are often disparagingly called 'conspiracy theories'. So my threshold is high and not like some, automatic.

An aside

The term 'conspiracy theory' was put forward in 1967 by the CIA as a tool to discredit people and their message that they'd rather not have the people take seriously.

I tend to find that a great many "conspiracy theories" are in fact the most simple, logical, common sense reading of events and it is those who cling beyond reason or rationale to the official versions of events that are the bug eyed nut jobs.

9/11 anyone?

he may be barking up the wrong tree, or just barking ;), but if you're going to mock his claims, then I'd suggest that you do, infact, need evidence before so doing. As far as I'm aware no investigation has yet been made into the events leading up to Murray's sale of the club so the authorities would have no evidence of relevance to Rab's claims.

The problem in this case is that if, for the sake of argument, Rab is right and foul deeds were done, it would be impossible to prove that - unless Murray made secret recordings or unless the perpetrators were stupid enough to leave a paper or email trail.

I tend to find that a great many "conspiracy theories" are in fact the most simple, logical, common sense reading of events and it is those who cling beyond reason or rationale to the official versions of events that are the bug eyed nut jobs.

9/11 anyone?

RPB, I'm simply not going to waste my time going down that road.

As for no investigation thusfar, in the events leading up to the CW takeover, I believe you are wrong.

The use of the term 'conspiracy theory' has been very successful for the authorities.

Whether it be to disparage or discourage discourse, it often helps stifle healthy debate.

RPB, I'm simply not going to waste my time going down that road.

As for no investigation thusfar, in the events leading up to the CW takeover, I believe you are wrong.

The use of the term 'conspiracy theory' has been very successful for the authorities.

Whether it be to disparage or discourage discourse, it often helps stifle healthy debate.

ayup, true dat

Anyone wanting to understand LBG's attitude towards the sale of RFC, merely needs to consider the potential PR and commercial disaster which would have unfolded if they'd been in the position of having to put us into Administration and ultimately cause the sale of Ibrox under the Bond and Floating Charge they held over the Club's assets.

Remember, there was a massive contingent liability hanging over the Club at the time, putting off all buyers, as there was no way that RFC could have traded out of the situation if HMRC had won. SDM had been trying to sell for years and NO-ONE was interested.

So, £18m would have been a rounding error compared to financial impact that PR nightmare would have caused LBG.

Rather than ask why LBG were so keen on Whyte, ask why were they so keen for someone, anyone, to buy us and clear the bank debt?

Follow the money indeed.