Here's Merlin's latest ...

https://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/a-risible-suggestion/

A Risible Suggestion

November 20, 2014 / billmcmurdo

I was amused to read the latest ramblings from Dave King and his claims that Sandy Easdale sought assurances that he and his brother James would not be culled following a King takeover at Ibrox.

Let’s just say that it doesn’t sound like the Sandy Easdale I and others know.

Unsurprisingly, there has been a swift reply to King’s latest fantasy instalment, which follows below:-

Sandy Easdale’s spokesman Jack Irvine said:-

1.There was no conversation between him and Mike Ashley about being “looked after” or about Mr Ashley’’s “commercial rights”.

2.There has been no discussion between Mr Easdale with Mr King on the matters mentioned in his latest statement.

3.If Mr King has any proof of such a conversations and when and where they took place he should produce it and..

4.If he is suggesting any improper conduct or motive he should make his position clear.

5.Anybody who knows Mr Easdale would find it risible that he would have adopted such a subservient tone with Mr King.

Quite emphatic, you have to say.

Regardless of your position in the whole matter – and I have to say King is shedding support at a dizzying rate now that Gers fans have seen through his love for a sound bite – this latest retort from South African based businessman is frankly ridiculous and startlingly childish.

His pronouncements have also drawn the ire of Sir David Murray, who took a rare foray back into the limelight today to deliver some withering comments on Dave King’s credibility. Things have to be bad when SDM can have a pop at you over matters Rangers and people agree with him!

There are also question marks over King’s status as a creditor to oldco and the possibility that he could have saved the club by accepting a CVA. It is quite complicated stuff and I might blog about it some time in the future. It is at the heart of his apparent rift with SDM and is another twist and turn in the ongoing Rangers saga.

My own take is that Dave King is his own worst enemy and that he is still being championed by hardcore malcontents in the support base speaks volumes about both his and their intent.

Dave King is yesterday’s news but he clearly is not going away quietly.

However, with every churlish and petty statement he makes to a Rangers-hating media all too eager to lap up his vitriol, he is showing to all and sundry his true colours.

There will always be Rangers

I wouldn't be too sure about that, but even if you are right, it could become unrecognisable as the football club that drew tens of thousands of people to it.

The Labour Party has changed. People who used to habitually vote for it have deserted it. Rangers has changed too, and if the club effectively becomes Sports Direct Rangers, the attachment that many had to it will fade and disappear.

The Judas Blogger plays his part in a co-ordinated attack that comes from the 'Easdale block' remit given to Toxic House.

Whatever you think of DK, this is Rangers and it's indirect communication strategy.

It demonstrates that Spin is greater than Transparency and that Division is in their interests.

Merlin, you do realize that "quite emphatic" doesn't mean "true" right ?

The Rangers fans are far more intelligent than you give them credit for and, I would suggest, far less gullible than you are yourself.

You quite clearly have been caught in a "rope a dope" situation - shame you are the dope.

Tired of reading the ramblings od Toxic's blog poodle. Tired of so called "fans" thinking they should tell us who the good guys are... whilst said "good guys" are doing absolutely NOTHING to steady the ship, let alone see it progress.

Just what ARE the Easdale's doing to improve the Club ? Just what is Somers doing as Chairman ? I wouldn't hire this lot to run my local corner store.

Merlin, you do realize that "quite emphatic" doesn't mean "true" right ?

The Rangers fans are far more intelligent than you give them credit for and, I would suggest, far less gullible than you are yourself.

You quite clearly have been caught in a "rope a dope" situation - shame you are the dope.

Tired of reading the ramblings od Toxic's blog poodle. Tired of so called "fans" thinking they should tell us who the good guys are... whilst said "good guys" are doing absolutely NOTHING to steady the ship, let alone see it progress.

Just what ARE the Easdale's doing to improve the Club ? Just what is Somers doing as Chairman ? I wouldn't hire this lot to run my local corner store.

Most of our support seem to lap his crap up.

It just shows how out of touch with the support Easdale really is, when he allows Irvine to be so open with that statement.

Does he think using Toxic is going to endear him to fans, or are they well past caring what the fans feel.