Craig Whyte is a 'wee b******': Walter Smith blasts the former Ibrox owner...

I should perhaps add that Smith will go down in our history as one of our greatest ever and that's perhaps fair enough. He did very well domestically. I just don't think he was a particularly great manager, he didn't have much opposition with his teams of top internationalists, his performance in the premiership proved he was nothing special.

I also don't have much time for managers who just focus on a defensive mentality and have no ideas for the opponents half aside from long balls and relying on individual talent.

And there are people who get everything wrong and are not worth reading.

Like those who have not a good (if not to say decent) word to say about the club since joining up, but lambast players, former and current managers like there is no tomorrow? And tell us only to look at our own affairs and don't look beyond the fence? Yep, know those.

Like those who have not a good (if not to say decent) word to say about the club since joining up, but lambast players, former and current managers like there is no tomorrow? And tell us only to look at our own affairs and don't look beyond the fence? Yep, know those.

Yes, the ones that see events as they are. Not the patronising ones who know don't have a clue, get everything wrong and haven't set foot in the stadium bar a stadium tour 20 years ago.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure WS said the bank were running the club, do banks step in to run businesses that are being run prudently and are on a sound financial footing.

They would if they were a subsidiary of a Group which owed hundreds of £m and operated heavily in commercial property and steel fabrication during the worst recession in living memory...

They would if they were a subsidiary of a Group which owed hundreds of £m and operated heavily in commercial property and steel fabrication during the worst recession in living memory...

A point usually ignored when people give SDM flak about his last years at the club.

A point usually ignored when people give SDM flak about his last years at the club.

I criticise him heavily for the scale of risk he accepted re EBTs, but slightly less so for the levels of debt. He got unlucky with the economic crash and we suffered the consequences.

Having a wealth entrepreneur as your majority shareholder has pros and cons. One of the big cons is that they tend to be more comfortable living with risk and so when things go wrong, they go wrong in a big way.

I criticise him heavily for the scale of risk he accepted re EBTs, but slightly less so for the levels of debt. He got unlucky with the economic crash and we suffered the consequences.

Having a wealth entrepreneur as your majority shareholder has pros and cons. One of the big cons is that they tend to be more comfortable living with risk and so when things go wrong, they go wrong in a big way.

Murray ran us into the ground more times than I care to remember and spent money in all the wrong places. He left us with an archaic infrastructure. He is the root of all of our problems.

Murray ran us into the ground more times than I care to remember and spent money in all the wrong places. He left us with an archaic infrastructure. He is the root of all of our problems.

I think that's an overly harsh assessment.

He's certainly culpable in many respects, but deserves at least some credit for underwriting the failed share issue and the legacy of facilities the Club has.

He also had ambition for our Club. Few would say that about our recent owners...

He was a Rugby man who knew next to nothing about football. He borrowed and spent his way through 20 odd years in charge.