http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-blazers-war-dave-king-4670042

King has taken another pop at Sandy Easdale

DAVE KING has gone public with an email exchange he claims proves that Sandy Easdale demanded guarantees his seat on the board would be safe if his consortium won control of Rangers.

Football board chairman Easdale had previously issued a strenuous denial of the accusations as the bitter war of words in the wake of Mike Ashley’s Ibrox power grab continued. King and his backers, who included Paul Murray and George Letham, had a £16million rescue package knocked back earlier this month as Easdale and the current board opted to accepts Ashley’s bail-out.

The McGill’s bus tycoon branded King’s plan to invest as a ‘phantom bid’ and challenged him to produce proof of his alleged demands.

In the latest round of tit for tat squabbling, the South-African-based businessman did just that issuing a statement on behalf of his consortium of investors.

The statement read: “Mr Easdale has chosen to question our account of his request to retain his and his brother’s board positions in the event of our £16m investment in the club going ahead.

“At all times during negotiations we have maintained proper corporate standards of confidentiality, despite regular leaks of the detail of those negotiations, but Mr Easdale has now requested that we produce proof of his concern over his own position.

“As a result of his request, we have released an email which minutes a conversation between Dave King and Mr Easdale and includes Mr Easdale’s request for assurances over his and his brother’s board positions.

“It also includes Mr Easdale’s confirmation that this is an accurate account of that conversation and his undertaking to discuss the detailed proposal and those answers with the shareholders he represents.”

King sent an email to Murray and Letham, and then forwarded it with their responses to Easdale who replied ‘Thanks Dave,’

The email read : “Sandy asked me to clarify our intention re his/James ongoing involvement in the board if our proposal is ultimately implemented.

“I advised him that my personal view was that I had no difficulty working with them and there is no intention to remove them afterwards.

“I am willing to commit to that in some acceptable format. I need your thoughts on this as I indicated that I was not able to speak for you on that point as we have not discussed it. (Paul and George confirm that they and the shareholders they represent concur with my thoughts on this point.)

In the same email King also disclosed for the first time, the names of George Taylor, Andy Ross, Barry Scott - three other members of his 8-man consortium.

Edited by Frankie