"I think we showed enough, particularly in the first half, that we are more than capable of closing that gap."

He's obviously deluded.

Im guessing he must have meant close the gap between us and letting the 3rd get closer to us. Hibs are beginning to get a run together now, unbeaten in 8 games and they comfortably beat us when they were playing poorly. A play off versus them doesn't fill me with confidence.

I just think McCall would be viewed more as the ex player tag. I know Nicholl played for us but almost 30 years ago. I also know Calderwood is supposed to be a Rangers fan but he doesn't fit in with this 'must be a rangers man' things that often gets viewed. As a duo they seem to have good leadership and tactical knowledge. Calderwood likes to play a good brand of football, knows some of the European lower leagues well and with the second most expensive squad in Scotland I think he would put something on the pitch that shows that.

Both are affordable if Ally did walk.

Fair comments here.

We could do a lot worse than the two Jimmys.

Im guessing he must have meant close the gap between us and letting the 3rd get closer to us. Hibs are beginning to get a run together now, unbeaten in 8 games and they comfortably beat us when they were playing poorly. A play off versus them doesn't fill me with confidence.

I would not bet any money on us getting past Hibs in a play off never mind St Mirren or whoever from the SPL.

what do you think the two Jimmy's would bring that McCall wouldn't? Not saying I'd be against them taking over until we got stabilised - just don't see what they have that wee Stuarty doesn't.

McCall was beginning to dread matchdays as Motherwell manager. He cares and his heart is in the right place, but I'm not convinced McCall could handle being manager at Rangers.

If he ever came in, I would expect it to be as an assistant - not as manager.

Meanwhile, over at Hearts:

“The players are back in tomorrow morning at 9:30,

but I’ve given them a day off on Monday. It’s a

special treat for winning today. Well, only some of

them are off, not everyone!"

Not sure why we have to limit ourselves to Scottish mediocrity. We might be an absolute shambles but we can still offer a premiership/upper championship wage and as such I'm sure there would be decent applicants aside from failures like Calderwood and McCall, who have achieved nothing and never will.

I would give Davies a shot, he's proven himself as a decent championship manager and that's light years ahead of the SPL.

PS - Jimmy Calderwood give me a fucking break. Probably last seen topping up his tan in the third division in Holland.

Not sure why we have to limit ourselves to Scottish mediocrity. We might be an absolute shambles but we can still offer a premiership/upper championship wage and as such I'm sure there would be decent applicants aside from failures like Calderwood and McCall.

We don't.

We should invite applications and take it from there, but if the club actually moved Ally on within the next few days, we may need a caretaker for a few weeks, months or perhaps the rest of the season.

I've just spotted your edit and I inadvertently gave you a tick for your post. I would not want Billy Davies anywhere near Rangers.

We're agricultural enough.

Not sure why we have to limit ourselves to Scottish mediocrity. We might be an absolute shambles but we can still offer a premiership/upper championship wage and as such I'm sure there would be decent applicants aside from failures like Calderwood and McCall, who have achieved nothing and never will.

I would give Davies a shot, he's proven himself as a decent championship manager and that's light years ahead of the SPL.

Come back into a bit of reality...a Premier League / Championship manager? Their wages would dwarf McCoists. If Lennon struggled to get a job in the second tier after winning leagues and being in Champions league how are we going to attract the likes of Steve McLaren (who is a guy Id have liked but he isn't going to leave high flying Derby.)

You have slated Malky Mackay before and he is at bottom 3 side Wigan.

If we go down south it would be from someone from a 3rd tier side.

Warnock might get the gig! He is a Premier League manager.

Come back into a bit of reality...a Premier League / Championship manager? Their wages would dwarf McCoists. If Lennon struggled to get a job in the second tier after winning leagues and being in Champions league how are we going to attract the likes of Steve McLaren (who is a guy Id have liked but he isn't going to leave high flying Derby.)

You have slated Malky Mackay before and he is at bottom 3 side Wigan.

If we go down south it would be from someone from a 3rd tier side.

Warnock might get the gig! He is a Premier League manager.

We're not going to get anybody with a bit of form. Look at C1888c, even Keane said they didn't offer him enough money and they had to settle for Ronnie.

If they dump Ally we'll end up with a no-name for sure.

Look at the quality of the board then figure what level of coach we'll get. That's not to say that there are not some new and good coaches out there.