McCoist essentially a corporate rapist? I thought I've heard it all by now, but a new day, a new low.

A new low, was that when he accepted a million shares for a penny and 800k in the fourth tier to sell STs?

He sold his integrity and his soul for shares and a fat salary.

Or does a million shares and a fat salary for no return not count? Do you need to go to Ahmed @ 2.2 before it does? Or Green at 5 mill maybe?

very radical, I like the idea, young managers who have succeeded at lower level English clubs, but Eddie is a local manager and is not big enough for Rangers, he moved away from Bournemouth and failed, admittedly he couldn't be worse than McCoist. Karl Robinson, maybe but would rather go for a name that has managed at a higher level, we can't wait a few years for a young manager to find their feet. Both I feel would be startled by the glare of the lights.

It is easy to be remote to the Glasgow goldfish bowl and I think both those names, whilst talents, would not give the immediate success Rangers fans demand.

A lot of panic attacks mingled with drivel..

Rangers will enter the play offs and all those silly buggers who stayed away will join the true blues in celebration.

Deary me. :crash:

If we can't win the league we don't deserve to go up, league rules or not. There will certainly be no celebration from me. I will be ashamed.

very radical, I like the idea, young managers who have succeeded at lower level English clubs, but Eddie is a local manager and is not big enough for Rangers, he moved away from Bournemouth and failed, admittedly he couldn't be worse than McCoist. Karl Robinson, maybe but would rather go for a name that has managed at a higher level, we can't wait a few years for a young manager to find their feet. Both I feel would be startled by the glare of the lights.

It is easy to be remote to the Glasgow goldfish bowl and I think both those names, whilst talents, would not give the immediate success Rangers fans demand.

Kenney Jackett or Mick McCarthy? Those are the 4 names(Inc. KR and EH) who i fancy for the job.

I think a hungry ambitious manager could run a mock up here with everything we have to offer.

I don't think we're in any position to look down our noises at any managers doing well in English football. We would have absolutely no chance of getting someone like Howe who is second place in the championship and will end up in the premiership soon. Is he going to quit being a success in English football to joining our circus in the Scottish lower leagues?

I doubt we could attract even decent league 1 managers to be honest. Worth a try but we'll end up with someone like Stuart McCall who is cheap. I've seen people suggesting someone like Tony Pulis. Maybe if we offer him millions a year he might think about it...:seal:

My feeling is that McCoist/McDowall/Durrant will stay in place for the rest of the season. I hope they can deliver promotion as failing to do so is unthinkable.

However, for next season, I'd be heartened if Rangers looked into taking a progressive, modern-thinking manager + assistants from English League 1. (That's where I think value can be found.)

The kind of people I'd love the club to look for would be:

* completely and unequivocally committed to an attractive, modern style of play which involves moving the ball around quickly on the ground.

* good coaches.

* serious minded and detail orientated.

* happy to accept scouts' recommendations on "value priced" players (young, touch, pace, can improve) from the lower leagues of England and Scotland, accept them into the club and work on their game and physical development.

This would be part of a move to a more sustainable and entertaining football model.

Edited by tangent60

I'd be really heartened if Rangers looked into taking a progressive, modern-thinking manager + assistants from English League 1. That's where I think value can be found.

The kind of people I'd love the club to look for would be:

* completely and unequivocally committed to an attractive, modern style of play which involves moving the ball around quickly on the ground.

* good coaches.

* serious minded and detail orientated.

* happy to accept scouts' recommendations on "value priced" players (young, touch, pace, can improve) from the lower leagues of England and Scotland, accept them into the club and work on their game and physical development.

Meanwhile, my feeling is that McCoist/McDowall/Durrant will stay in place. I hope they can deliver promotion as failing to do so is unthinkable.

A real and lasting solution will only be from the top, down.

ie. The boardroom...........and that isn't easy.