Ian Black - It's all about the money. Cash is King.

This is exactly the reason why players should be on considerably lower wages, but with increased bonuses - based on whether they actually play, perform etc.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being concerned about whether you are going to get paid at the end of the month - we would ALL be in a similar position, but when your getting paid several thousand £££ per week and not performing it really starts to get ridiculous & almost mercenary at times.

The painter/decorator stuff was invented by Black and didn't actually happen.

That along with his gambling against the club would cast him in a very unfavourable light.

Any idea how the story came about, Frankie ?

Black telling lies or media invention with Black complicity ?

That along with his gambling against the club would cast him in a very unfavourable light.

Any idea how the story came about, Frankie ?

Black telling lies or media invention with Black complicity ?

I'd imagine it was created to apply pressure to the Hearts ownership at the time.

The painter in question is one of Black's best friends.

That article is full of shite. Do you think we do nothing in the community.

Black is just answering a question about how off field stuff affects player performance.

That has to be written by a rangers hater.

It is written by a Rangers hater, he who said that it would be impossible to tire of kicking us in the face as we lay dying....as to your other points, my initial reaction was the same (much as I detest Black) but a poster on FF wrote:

"I actually heard the Ian Black interview and it made me dislike him even more. The usual meaningless cliches and brain dead soundbites thrown around and he did actually say he wasn't bothered about redundancies or financial stuff until they affected him. Classless little individual"

which begs the question - where could/can one hear it to determine what was really said and in what context?

The good thing is that no matter how often certain boarders level their personal disdain at Ian Black, our most consistent midfielder for these last 18 months or so will remain here and make sure that those who lack consistency around him have someone to clean up their shortcomings. Well, more often than not, at least.

He came here to do a job. He gets paid for doing a job. I doubt that all Rangers players throughout the years would have shown that much compassion for anyone getting the sack or being made redundant either. It also is quite staggering to see people having a go at Ian Black for looking after himself first and foremost, yet were actually criticising the board and even the admins for not sacking half of the staff when they deemed it a "necessity". So much for missing or lacking compassion.

The good thing is that no matter how often certain boarders level their personal disdain at Ian Black, our most consistent midfielder for these last 18 months or so will remain here and make sure that those who lack consistency around him have someone to clean up their shortcomings. Well, more often than not, at least.

He came here to do a job. He gets paid for doing a job. I doubt that all Rangers players throughout the years would have shown that much compassion for anyone getting the sack or being made redundant either. It also is quite staggering to see people having a go at Ian Black for looking after himself first and foremost, yet were actually criticising the board and even the admins for not sacking half of the staff when they deemed it a "necessity". So much for missing or lacking compassion.

I hope Macleod remains here too.

I hope Macleod remains here too.

For some reason, Macleod performed best (this and last season) on the left side of midfield. Shifted into the middle (aside Law) in the first Dumbarton game methinks, he hardly got a foot on the ground. He was then sent to the right of midfield where he more often than not looked lost. More often than not it then falls unto Black to cover anything that goes awry in midfield - not specifically Macleod's misshaps. He does that in his own, usually uncompromising way. Consistently. We lack the latter from other folk in there though.

Macleod is probably the biggest football talent we have at the club, we should use him where he is best and hopefully for years to come. I'm not so sure about some others.