Ian Black - It's all about the money. Cash is King.

Footballing costs are well over 50% of turnover. Probably nearer 70% of this years turnover which could be our lowest in 25 years. Unsustainable and unacceptable.

this interests me because I've read that our players costs are a lower proportion of overall costs than most football teams. Richard Wilson said it but I've read many other journos saying the same thing

I don't get it..............why are the writing this then ?

this interests me because I've read that our players costs are a lower proportion of overall costs than most football teams. Richard Wilson said it but I've read many other journos saying the same thing

I don't get it..............why are the writing this then ?

Journos write nonsense all the time depending on their agenda. Perhaps they were simply relaying the nonsense 27% McCoist try to fool fans into believing? Who knows, but they wrong, so wrong.

That article is full of shite. Do you think we do nothing in the community.

Black is just answering a question about how off field stuff affects player performance.

That has to be written by a rangers hater.

We do more in the community than the Tims - and we are more honest about what we do too.

The good thing is that no matter how often certain boarders level their personal disdain at Ian Black, our most consistent midfielder for these last 18 months or so will remain here and make sure that those who lack consistency around him have someone to clean up their shortcomings. Well, more often than not, at least.

He came here to do a job. He gets paid for doing a job. I doubt that all Rangers players throughout the years would have shown that much compassion for anyone getting the sack or being made redundant either. It also is quite staggering to see people having a go at Ian Black for looking after himself first and foremost, yet were actually criticising the board and even the admins for not sacking half of the staff when they deemed it a "necessity". So much for missing or lacking compassion.

That will be why we are shite then - because he is consistently shite with the odd decent game thrown in. If he is the "best" midfielder we have to offer we should just quit the game now.

I despise seeing Black parading around the pitch in a Rangers top snarling and generally being a little ned, breaks my heart that he's a Ranger.

The fact he's keeping Macleod from playing where he was born to play just rubs salt into the wound.

I thought one of Black's tackles at Tynecastle on Saturday was quite similar to his one which injured Jelavic and he was lucky that his trailing leg didn't catch the back of one of the player's legs and snap a bone or cause other serious damage.

He's generally a hard working midfielder and that's sometimes handy to have in the side, but his negative attributes outweigh his positive ones IMO.

Too many needless, careless fouls in dangerous areas and while it was a very soft penalty on Saturday, it was still Black's fault.