The laws of averages, logic and common sense.

Hearts have had a good start to the season and we've had a bad one, but that's football and strings of results change very quickly.

We have a manager who has failed at every challenge put it front of him and a defence that has conceded almost twice as many as Hearts.

It'll be back in our hands soon enough as long as we don't let the gap widen any further.

LOL. Have you looked at our next four fixtures and Hertz next four fixtures? We're away to QOS and Hibz in 2 of them and at home to Coodenbeath and Livi. Hertz have got 4 games against the bottom sides.I'd fancy us to drop points more than Hertz

We need to face facts that this league title is gone.We will only get promoted via play offs no matter how difficult that is to accept for some of us

That I don't agree with. We have more than enough in the squad. We could actually do with getting rid of as many passengers as possible.

Properly organised, properly motivated, properly trained, played in their proper positions and no automatic picks - more than good enough for this level.

That I don't agree with. We have more than enough in the squad. We could actually do with getting rid of as many passengers as possible.

If we say for arguments sake mccoist was replaced tomorrow with a good manger.

you think the back 4 in all its forms is good enough to go and win enough games to overhaul a 9 point lead?

If we say for arguments sake mccoist was replaced tomorrow with a good manger.

you think the back 4 in all its forms is good enough to go and win enough games to overhaul a 9 point lead?

I know they are, absolutely. You seen how Walter Smith coached guys like Papac, Whittaker and Davie Weir to a European final. The defence is fine, for this level, what isn't, is our midfield, that is where our game goes to shit. Midfield. There is no help for the defenders, no support and no protection for them either, and it the same for our strikers, the midfield is a rotten. Our engine room and heartbeat, it's a disgrace. Right across the whole 4, they don't help the defence and they don't help the strikers. They basically do nothing. They offer nothing.

Edited by Super Cooper

We have a manager who has failed at every challenge put it front of him and a defence that has conceded almost twice as many as Hearts.

Regarding our defence, yes, it's definitely a concern, but let's not blow it too far out of proportion. The difference in goals conceded between us and Hearts is 6 goals after 14 games and 5 of those 6 goals were scored against us in just 2 freak games against Hearts & Hibs. You can't forecast a season based on a couple of freak games.

As I said previously, Hearts have had a great start to their season, but the chances are very high indeed that it won't last.

It's up to us to win as many of our games as possible and be there to reduce the gap when they inevitably drop points.

LOL. Have you looked at our next four fixtures and Hertz next four fixtures? We're away to QOS and Hibz in 2 of them and at home to Coodenbeath and Livi. Hertz have got 4 games against the bottom sides.I'd fancy us to drop points more than Hertz

They've got QotS & Alloa at Tyncastle, both of which could be no push over. We just need to make sure we win our own games.

We need to face facts that this league title is gone.We will only get promoted via play offs no matter how difficult that is to accept for some of us

The league title isn't gone until it's gone. You give up and surrender it in your mind if you like, but there's plenty of other fans who won't be giving up on it at this early stage.