I know they are, absolutely. You seen how Walter Smith coached guys like Papac, Whittaker and Davie Weir to a European final. The defence is fine, for this level, what isn't, is our midfield, that is where our game goes to shit. Midfield. There is no help for the defenders, no support and no protection for them either, and it the same for our strikers, the midfield is a rotten. Our engine room and heartbeat, it's a disgrace. Right across the whole 4, they don't help the defence and they don't help the strikers. They basically do nothing. They offer nothing.

OK i agree with a lot of that but who would you say makes up a decent back 4?

we have no right back worthy of the name - wallace hmmm - ok but not great defensively and as for CB well who do you pick?

OK i agree with a lot of that but who would you say makes up a decent back 4?

we have no right back worthy of the name - wallace hmmm - ok but not great defensively and as for CB well who do you pick?

I would go

Sinnamon-McGregor-Halkett-Wallace

Hearts are flying with 6 academy graduates in their team, there is no reason why we can't either.

Foster-Zaliukas-McGregor-Wallace is the most experienced, that should also be more than capable of dominating this league.

I do stress again however, midfield determines how successful any defence is.