Whilst woes are patiently queuing to take their turn to overwhelm our club, I thought I would provide my fellow Gersnetters with an observational distraction.

BBC Scotland has spent the last year expressing faux concern for the stability of Bears. Often, the usual suspects' conclusion to the latest disaster to befall Rangers is to exclaim, "whatever must the Rangers supporters be thinking"? The perturbed and distressed then proceed to tell us what we are thinking. I am sure there will be a psychological term for such behaviour, 'false empathy syndrome' maybe ; I prefer to think they are ripping the piss.

On Saturday evening, after shooting ourselves in both feet and head at Tynecastle, highlighting our ill discipline was not enough. Cosgrove and Cowan were hosting the phone-in and three, four Bears availed themselves of the given opportunity and told the listenership 'what' they were thinking.. One Bear took the conspiracy theory bait, the referee, Craig Thomson is a well known Hearts supporter and everybody knew Rangers would suffer both a red card and a penalty. Cosgrove guffawed and hit back with the ref' over compensating, "he should have red carded three Rangers players".

I continued to drive home and was lost in thought about the game, three thirty-something players lost the plot, the bizarre team selection, and irrational substitutions was what I was thinking. Interrupting my chain of thought was Cosgrove announcing the next caller, Gordon the Jambo from Glasgow. Possessing a rather gruff, exaggerated Edinburgh accent, Gordon from Glasgow told of attending the game and already returned was currently watching Queen of the South/Falkirk on BBC Alba. Gordon was anxious to confirm, "the agricultural nature of the team from Ibrox", and, "the brutality on display".

The stench of upcoming triumphalism was overpowering. Cosgrove agreed it had been a week of agricultural football and asked Gordon the Jambo for his opinion on the worst example? Gordon hesitated, but offered, "the sight of Eckersley being stretchered round the track was a black mark in Sevco's book". Obviously, Hearts were not Gordon's strong suit, I am positive it was McHattie being carted. Warming to the theme and reading from the same script, big Stu' prompted, "any good chants today, you know wind-ups"? Gordon obliged by singing, "you let your club die, Glasgow Rangers you let your club die".

Jum, Big Stu', Tom, Rheinhart, ..... et al can no longer directly crank the snigger-meter, but evoking the medium of proxy tells us what they are continually thinking. As if we didn't know.

One question, what was the name of the BBC Scotland Producer that played the part of Gordon the Jambo?

There is just one thing that will make them shut up and go back to "their bad old days", us winning titles again. This doesn't look on the horizon anytime soon, but it will come. In the meantime, one might take liberty and ask them a) where they are at the moment and b) what they have gained of us not being there challenging for titles. Apart from some cheap sniping. Some have made it an art to look at someone else's failures, rather than their own.

There is just one thing that will make them shut up and go back to "their bad old days", us winning titles again. This doesn't look on the horizon anytime soon, but it will come. In the meantime, one might take liberty and ask them a) where they are at the moment and b) what they have gained of us not being there challenging for titles. Apart from some cheap sniping. Some have made it an art to look at someone else's failures, rather than their own.

Agree with this but it's another example of how weak we are in terms off field credibility that anyone not a Rangers is openly goading the support, team and club in general.

We, by that I mean the club board and football management, has turned fuck ups into an art form.