D-day is set for Rangers' Telfer fee

In August & September of 2012 Chuck Green made a big point of repeatedly harping on about having to pay oldco football debts.

The SFA & SPL were adamant that we shouldn't be allowed to avoid paying them, so it needs to be a 2-way street.

Totally agree with this. Despite this arrangement being part of the 5 way agreement - all oldco football debts were paid. What DU may say is the Jelavic cash still to come in will be going to oldco.

I can see a possible split of funds from DU in that they will pay the full amount, but we will only get the proportion that Du have offered, with the remainder going to the oldco creditors pot.

Totally agree with this. Despite this arrangement being part of the 5 way agreement - all oldco football debts were paid. What DU may say is the Jelavic cash still to come in will be going to oldco.

I can see a possible split of funds from DU in that they will pay the full amount, but we will only get the proportion that Du have offered, with the remainder going to the oldco creditors pot.

That would be a fair outcome.

Something else that would be fair is for Dundee Utd to remember that despite being forced to pay our football debts, we were also forced to let the SPL & SFA keep millions of pounds owed to us in prize money etc and that was a scandalous punishment which Dundee Utd profited from because our prize money was divided up amongst the other 11 SPL clubs.

Not sure why Utd would care about that Zappa. SFA & SPFL made those decisions. They may have profited from it but they wont bat an eye or have any sort of moral compass when it comes to money.

I know mate, but I was just pointing out another aspect of the whole shafting we received from the Scottish football authorities and fellow SPL clubs.

Being forced to pay the oldco football debts, but not receive a penny of the prize money and other monies owed to us was a scandalous affair.

You have to wonder if BDO will have been able to get those monies owed to oldco and whether or not the rushed league reconstruction and SPFL formation was anything to do with those millions of pounds.

But oldco have effectively already been paid for it when all the assets (including the youth players), were transferred to newco. No reason why they should receive anything from this.

I doubt past debt disputes will be considered at all. All that matters is the development time put into Telfer. We say 7 years, Thompson claims 2 years. I cannot see any panel saying we are a 2 year old club.

I reckon it will be far nearer Rangers estimate than Thompsons......but we'll see