Another week, another yapping session and another "fresh start" (how many is that?)

Our boys have been hard at it; rest and reflection, no less

LEE McCULLOCH is determined Rangers will react in the right way after suffering a barrage of abuse for their Capital collapse on Saturday.

Ally McCoist's side crashed to a 2-0 defeat to title rivals Hearts, to fall nine points off the pace at the top of the Championship table.

The Ibrox boss was the target of chants from a section of the travelling support, with many fans calling for the Light Blue legend to be sacked.

Rangers are in action against Kilmarnock on Sunday as they look to book their place in the Scottish Cup fifth round and silence the doubters.

Skipper McCulloch said: "There is definitely a sense of determination among the boys to make up the nine point gap.

"We're not even half way through the season yet, so to say that we've lost the league now is a wee bit premature.

"Obviously there is a bit of a gap there but it's one we need to look at and be positive that we can try and close it.

"There has been a lot of criticism flying about for the team and rightly so. We need to use that as motivation to get back and close that gap.

"There is still a lot of football to be played. We know that gap is big but it is not mathematically impossible and everyone in this team believes we can do it.

"There has to be a fresh start from now. Sunday was a day of rest for everybody and then Monday was a day of reflection at Murray Park.

"That is out of the way now and the best way to look at it is that this is a new chapter."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/ranger...917n.25878782?

'Sunday was a day of rest for everybody and then Monday was a day of reflection at Murray Park.' Day of rest and day of reflection? Fuck me.

And yet Robbie Nielson confirmed that Hearts players were coming in for training on the Sunday following the match. Perhaps explains why there is a 9 point gap.

I was gutted when we signed McCulloch. And to this day I have never changed my stance on this. I cringe when his name is read out on the teamsheet and have done since day one.

The guy is a dreadful footballer and has made millions out of us in his time here.

Can't wait to see the back of him to be honest - but no doubt McCoist will extend his contract !!!

The worst 'captain' in our history.

The players don't really say all this stuff. I've read it hundreds of times . I'm just surprised there isn't a "dig deep, come out fighting and bounce back" in there.

Agree about McCulloch's footballing status. Average at his peak..

As for captaincy, think back to the Iron Curtain. Any one of them could and did captain Rangers with distinction. And if they'd been knocked down by a 'bus crossing PRW Waddell could have done it. A team with six captains. Now we're a club with none on the field or off it.