RIFC plc accounts to June 30 released. AGM December 22 at Ibrox

this has been raised before and I'm not sure it was defined. In football Does normal reporting of Ratio of wages to income only include first team squad? I may be wrong but I thought this figure included all wages (or at least all football related)??

The whole thing is fairly new i think, i don't recall Murray or McCann shouting about wages/turnover ratio. Whatever way we look at it, £5/6/7/8m in wages for players at this level is repugnant and we clearly cannot afford it.

The whole thing is fairly new i think, i don't recall Murray or McCann shouting about wages/turnover ratio. Whatever way we look at it, £5/6/7/8m in wages for players at this level is repugnant and we clearly cannot afford it.

We need to find a way to tripple it sustainably.

We need to find a way to tripple it sustainably.

Even then an £18m wage bill against Celtics £30m one we can't expect to challenge them over the course of the seasons ahead. They just turnedover £65m again. We can't get near that, we just ain't big enough. We would need to add about £30m onto our revenue next year, and then for every season after. It's unrealistic. Our normal turnover as an SPL club was only around £40m and we ran at a £10m loss carrying the huge squads that we did.

The ET has learned something from the report, loosely mixed

Rangers accounts: 10 key facts

1. Rangers made an operating loss of £8.3million last season - an improvement of £6million on the previous campaign.

2. Recently-departed chief executive Graham Wallace earned £378,000 in less than eight months and also secured a £100,000 pay-off.

3. Wallace's predecessor, Craig Mather, received a £350,000 severance package.

4. Rangers need up to £8million of debt or equity finance in the next 12 months - starting from January.

5. Retail revenue almost quadrupled to £7.6million but retail costs were the main cause of a £3million rise in operating charges.

6. Former finance director Brian Stockbridge received a £216,000 severance package and made £189,000 on a share option but handed back £98,000 bonus money.

7. Staff costs fell from £17.9million to £14.7million - staff numbers dropped from 196 to 175.

8. Total revenue rose almost a third to £25.2million.

9. The club's first-team wage bill was 26 per cent of turnover - down from 43 per cent the previous season.

10. Former director Philip Nash made £131,412 in consultancy fees in six months.

At least the wage bill is (or was) right in line ...

Even then an £18m wage bill against Celtics £30m one we can't expect to challenge them over the course of the seasons ahead. They just turnedover £65m again. We can't get near that, we just ain't big enough. We would need to add about £30m onto our revenue next year, and then for every season after. It's unrealistic. Our normal turnover as an SPL club was only around £40m and we ran at a £10m loss carrying the huge squads that we did.

These wage bills shouldn't be required to win the SPL and be cannon fodder in Europe. To put it into consideration, only 5 teams in Spain pay as much as that on wages.

Though with the shambles that we are we'd probably need to spend far more than Celtic.

These wage bills shouldn't be required to win the SPL and be cannon fodder in Europe. To put it into consideration, only 5 teams in Spain pay as much as that on wages.

Though with the shambles that we are we'd probably need to spend far more than Celtic.

Spanish teams generally don't need to use cash as an incentive to encourage players to play in their league, their league is incentive in itself.