First time in 20 + years I've not bought a kit.

I never bought the Blackthorn one after reading about complaints about them online :D

Stopped buying stuff from SD altogether after a Rangers mug I bought online from them arrived in a dozen or so pieces also in the same parcel was a pair of Slazenger joggers (I know, I know!) where they had neglected to sew one of the pockets together ( handy for playing pocket snooker though).

I never bought the Blackthorn one after reading about complaints about them online :D

Stopped buying stuff from SD altogether after a Rangers mug I bought online from them arrived in a dozen or so pieces also in the same parcel was a pair of Slazenger joggers (I know, I know!) where they had neglected to sew one of the pockets together ( handy for playing pocket snooker though).

No new shirt for me this year either. Strange as this may sound, I'm not especially bothered if my Rangers shirt isn't great quality (it only has to last a season) as long as the inflated profit margins go to the club.

And if Ashley had offered us a decent retail contract (not even a generous one, just a fair one) my house would probably be full of Sports Direct stuff. He's the commercial genius not me, but is this really the best way to boost SD sales? Maybe he's expecting an upturn in business due to Rangers-haters wanting to support the shop that's shafting us.

:laugh:

It really is a horrible shop. He seems to surround himself in cheap things in life and make billions out of it.

This takes me back:

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?64006-Sports-Direct-refusing-to-take-back-my-top&highlight=blackthorn

Ashley has tapped into the ned/chav market via his sports direct venture.

Millions of people in the UK dressed head to toe in 'sportswear' yet just hanging around council estates not doing a single piece of 'sport'.

His shops are horrible, but he knows there is a huge market out there for this kind of stuff and the masses are happy to lap up his cheap Lonsdale and Slazenger gear, amongst other 'brands'

As an overseas bear, buying the merchandise was one in way in which I could support the club financially. My son owns every home, away and third strip since he was born in 1998 plus various other training tops, duvet covers, curtains etc. Sad that it has reached a day where I can no longer do so, but unfortunately, the onerous deals and Sp*v taxes make sure that the money will no longer be spent on that supporting that regime.

Only language they understand is CASH.

I will be buying NO 'official' merchandise this Christmas.

----------------------------------

Things have changed.

I used to remember a jacketed fatman from the North who would come with his sackful of gifts and kindly leave them in exchange for a can of McEwans Export and a couple of digestive biscuits for the reindeer.

:santa::drink:

There now seems to be a bare chested fatman from the South who intends to come and fill his sack with cash and take it away. Doubtless he'll want more than digestives for his Leach and biased Lamb.

:shifty::td::puke: