At last, a statement we can all believe (Boyd)

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...ys-kris-boyd/?

"for me; it goes in one ear and out the other.”

Rangers striker Kris Boyd has claimed that John Brown's criticism of him and senior players at the club has fallen on deaf ears.

The former Rangers and Aberdeen defender recently stated that Ally McCoist had been let down by Boyd and other experienced players at the club.

Yet Boyd showed little interest in such feedback ahead of his club's Petrofac Training Cup clash with Alloa on Wednesday.

“You can judge us on May and if we’re still in that position come May then you’re right to say it," stated the Ibrox striker.

"Right now, as I said for me; it goes in one ear and out the other.”

He added: “For me, before people open their mouth they should find out what is going on before they have a go at people. But as I said it’s pretty easy to have a go at people when you want recognition yourself.

“At the end of the day we know we can do better, but as I said we don’t need anyone telling us we can do better.

"We know inside ourselves we can do better.”

Boyd, along with teammates Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch, was labelled as “shocking”, as Brown stated that the squad was underachieving in their attempt to win promotion to the Premiership.

Yet the former Kilmarnock striker took little surprise in the former Rangers star's comments.

“It’s not the first time, it’ll not be the last. For me, when the manager tells you that you’re not doing well, then you can listen," added the striker.

“I’ve got a good relationship with him(Brown), every time I see him I speak to him, so it’s fine.

"I know the way Brown works and I know he likes to open his mouth and have a go.

"But be rest assured it doesn’t take for him to come out and have a go for us to raise our game."

"Wait until May" is fine in August but not in December, nine points adrift and generally playing badly.

Nothing is won in December or November, especially no leagues. As long as we win games, the playing stuff comes second. That has always been the case and NO Rangers side always played decent stuff or indeed stuffed the lower teams left right and centre all season, even in the days of Gazza, Laudrup, Prso, and Albertz.

No-one will compare the dire fare of this day and age with the legendary teams of the past, but we should not pretend that Hearts are the über-team that will go on and win each and every game whereas we will continue to "struggle" along. By now everyone should have accepted that the team we currently have is well below par. You can hope for good displays all season, and they are indeed capable of a few, like we saw last Sunday. But that is not the norm. So why the need to lambast them like there is no tomorrow? Not least by those people who can't stop telling us and the world how bad certain players are anyway. Either they are "bad players" and you can't expect more than "this dross" from them, or they are not.

It is a sad testimony of this board that legends like Boyd, who's scored 135 goals in 161 games for the club, gets slagged for saying the simplest truth that there is in league football. But I fully expect that he'll get abuse even if we snatch this title and get promotion, but does he not score 30odd goals on the way.

"Wait until May" is fine in August but not in December, nine points adrift and generally playing badly.

We've two games thiis month away to QOS and Hibz. These could go a long way deciding our fate as I cant see hertz dropping many points over the festive period.If we dont win them both then I seriously believe we'll be relying on the play offs for promotion

Boyd is right in that nothing is decided until May but that doesn't mean criticism should automatically be dismissed.

The facts are he's unfit, playing poorly and his contribution so far less than brilliant. That's fair criticism and he'd be daft to ignore it; after all even his manager has saw fit to drop him recently.

Boyd is right in that nothing is decided until May but that doesn't mean criticism should automatically be dismissed.

The facts are he's unfit, playing poorly and his contribution so far less than brilliant. That's fair criticism and he'd be daft to ignore it; after all even his manager has saw fit to drop him recently.

Indeed, and I was amongst those who would like to have seen him benched and Daly taking up his place in the starting line up. Labelling him a dumb oaf is taking it a bit far though.

Not sure about the unfit part. While he sure looks half as fit as Miller, he is not and never was the roaming type of striker like Miller, Little, or Clark. Some will sure disagree, but IMHO he put in quite some effort in his displays thus far, yet was alarmingly luckless in front of goals. That said, the ammo provided wasn't always great either. I for one am happy enough that we have four capable strikers at the club right now. It would help if McCoist would be willing to switch them according to the game at hand and how such games develop more quickly though. There are games where you need the Daly type, a combination of Clark and Miller, and one with Boyd and another striker. Far too long has McCoist stuck to his preferred option, no matter the opposition. That hasn't helped us or Boyd.

Not denying the service has been poor but his finishing has also been mediocre at best.

He is clearly unfit and while that's nothing new, due to his age he's now slower than ever and his mobility more impaired so his overall contribution has reduced from his first spell. As such, when he's not taking the few chances he does come across, that just makes him a passenger.

The best way for him to address that is by slimming down and accepting criticism. Not arrogantly dismissing it.