At last, a statement we can all believe (Boyd)

Well, I for one doubt that Boyd will improve much with regard to his fitness. We'll see whether he's just having a bad time in front of goals - like every striker - and whether his instincts will return. Likewise, I don't think he "arrogantly" dismissed Brown, just said it like it is. His port of call is the gaffer. If he listens to the chaps in the (social) media, he'd be a nervous wreck in 3 months.

Furthermore, I also doubt that Boyd simply ignored it either. He knows pretty well that his scoring is not up to scratch and sitting on the bench tells him that the manager thinks alike (or has a different game plan ... that said though, we speak of McCoist). What is more annoying with Brown's words is that he picks out three players and neither Miller nor McCulloch are actually that bad - compared to the rest. And for all their experience, you can only play as good as your fellow players allow you ... and you can see the dismay on Miller's face quite often.

Outright League winners

1/3 Hearts

9/4 Rangers

40/1 Hibernian

66/1 Queen of the South

Nice. We can frame that and look at it again in March.

Nothing is won in December or November, especially no leagues. As long as we win games, the playing stuff comes second. That has always been the case and NO Rangers side always played decent stuff or indeed stuffed the lower teams left right and centre all season, even in the days of Gazza, Laudrup, Prso, and Albertz.

No-one will compare the dire fare of this day and age with the legendary teams of the past, but we should not pretend that Hearts are the über-team that will go on and win each and every game whereas we will continue to "struggle" along. By now everyone should have accepted that the team we currently have is well below par. You can hope for good displays all season, and they are indeed capable of a few, like we saw last Sunday. But that is not the norm. So why the need to lambast them like there is no tomorrow? Not least by those people who can't stop telling us and the world how bad certain players are anyway. Either they are "bad players" and you can't expect more than "this dross" from them, or they are not.

It is a sad testimony of this board that legends like Boyd, who's scored 135 goals in 161 games for the club, gets slagged for saying the simplest truth that there is in league football. But I fully expect that he'll get abuse even if we snatch this title and get promotion, but does he not score 30odd goals on the way.

Except often we don't win games, like the 5 this season in the league and the 10 cup exits we have gloriously failed in under McCoist. The playing stuff comes second? The playing stuff is what wins the games. Perhaps if McCoist knew how to gets teams playing football, he might not be so useless.

As for your Laudrup, Gazza etc, ludicrous even mentioning them. If they had under performed years on end I would see your point.

The fact of the matter is Boyd is very well paid, playing in the second tier and has been absolutely appalling. But you continue to take umbrage with logic as per.

I think you might be missing dB's original point here.

To suggest one of your own "has little between the ears" is poor. Especially as Boyd is no dummy.

Performances poor ? Absolutely.

Calling him a fool ? The poster calling him such is a rocket scientist I presume