After I log-in using my username and password and after a couple of posts or so I receive this message when I try to post again...

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

Happens quite often, can someone explain why I have to keep logging in? Cheers.

There's an 1800 second (30 mins) Session Timeout for all forum users. That's the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before their login session expires.

It used to be even shorter (15 mins IIRC), but was increased because people were constantly losing longer posts after sitting typing them only to find out their session had expired when they went to post it.

Doing shored bear fix would combat that issue zappa mentions

Yes, I should have added that to my post, although some people might still prefer their login session to be timed out when they're inactive for over 30 mins.

Edited by Zappa

Thanks folks. I read somewhere people should not tick the 'remember me' box because of risks to hacking.

Is this untrue?

It's easy enough to clear your cookie .not entirely untrue but not true either everything is a risk to hacking and I'm sure you probably have a lot more to worry about than your saved cookies especially if it's a private computerm obvious that you wouldn't really want go doing that on a shared pc or work pc