in case you didn't know Rangers are a football club. Most of us, rightly or wrongly, are more concerned with the results & performances on the park which have been abysmal lately.

I'm bitterly disappointed in the match results just as we all are, but my point was I'm also disappointed that as a consequence of the football results, massive amounts of pressure is being taken off of the people who are doing a pitiful and embarrassing job of running our football Club.

Directors who've lied, deflected blame & responsibility, treated the fans with total and utter contempt, threatened fans and Gers websites with legal action, the list goes on, but the main issue is that they don't seem to know WTF they're doing and appear to be steering the Club towards another cliff edge.

The bottom line for me is that the manager, player and team performances as well as all of the general footballing department issues facing the Club at the moment DO actually pale in comparison to the magnitude of the main problems facing the Club right now, which are unfortunately the business & financial aspects of the Club.

The Club's financial situation is yet again approaching critical, so the short to medium term survival needs to be addressed in detail at the AGM along with a multitude of other extremely important issues and I just hope that questions about the manager don't take up too much Q&A time at the AGM because sadly, there are far bigger issues which need highlighted, questioned and discussed on the 22nd.

I'm bitterly disappointed in the match results just as we all are, but my point was I'm also disappointed that as a consequence of the football results, massive amounts of pressure is being taken off of the people who are doing a pitiful and embarrassing job of running our football Club.

Directors who've lied, deflected blame & responsibility, treated the fans with total and utter contempt, threatened fans and Gers websites with legal action, the list goes on, but the main issue is that they don't seem to know WTF they're doing and appear to be steering the Club towards another cliff edge.

The bottom line for me is that the manager, player and team performances as well as all of the general footballing department issues facing the Club at the moment DO actually pale in comparison to the magnitude of the main problems facing the Club right now, which are unfortunately the business & financial aspects of the Club.

The Club's financial situation is yet again approaching critical, so the short to medium term survival needs to be addressed in detail at the AGM along with a multitude of other extremely important issues and I just hope that questions about the manager don't take up too much Q&A time at the AGM because sadly, there are far bigger issues which need highlighted, questioned and discussed on the 22nd.

I don't see how the playing side pales in comparison, it's equally important, particularly if we remain in the championship. That would be catastrophic.

The playing side is the fundamentally important aspect of the club and is holding us back as much as anything.

Plus a side that performs so poorly, has no style, constantly gets embarrassed by diddy teams, brings through no youth players etc is hardly one that attracts investment.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Rab, he had no reason to walk before, he has always delivered what he's paid to do. Things have turned out badly for him this season though being 9 points behind in the league and up against a team who show no signs of talking the foot off the gas. The defeat to Hearts did convince me we wouldn't catch them and promotion would come through the play-offs, all I'm saying is last nights embarrassment on BBC Alba has me doubting we can win the play-offs unless big big changes are made soon.

Always delivered like the 11 cups he has been embarrassed in. In fact just about every single week he fails to deliver an adequate performance from the team.

He is a pal of anyone stupid enough to pay him the salary he gets as Rangers manager.Who else would pay him that salary to be their manager? No one

Same goes for 36 year old £10k p.w Captain JIg.Where else would he get that money?

No one else on the planet is daft enough to have him as manager. That is the bottom line.

I don't see how the playing side pales in comparison, it's equally important, particularly if we remain in the championship. That would be catastrophic.

It pales in comparison because if we don't have a Club at all or have another insolvency/admin event which is controlled by the same people who've already shafted the Club (as the last one was), then we could be in very deep shit or not even have a Club to worry about.

The playing side is the fundamentally important aspect of the club and is holding us back as much as anything.

Even if Ally and his teams had won every single game since the start of the 2012/13 season, it wouldn't have stopped the serious business & financial issues that Whyte, GreenCo & their cronies have left us with.

Plus a side that performs so poorly, has no style, constantly gets embarrassed by diddy teams, brings through no youth players etc is hardly one that attracts investment.

There is absolutely no way that the investment issues are Ally's fault, the team's fault or the fans' fault because they're almost entirely down to the business being run poorly overall in a corporate and financial sense as well as the completely bizarre commercial contracts which were done by Green & co.

The Club has been properly stitched up by a succession of chancers and conmen and Ally isn't one of them despite his obvious and growing failures as a manager.

Edited by Zappa

I've a mate at work who I chat to quite a bit about the club's predicament, and he's always been anti-boycott (plus anti-King, anti-RST) and has always advocated a "wait and see" attitude towards the (various) board(s). He's also been anti-McCoist for quite some time, and the one piece of criticism he'll always concede about the board is that they should have replaced Ally long ago. It's the one thing that has the potential to shift him from his "uber-loyal" standpoint. For whatever reason, pro-board, and anti-"Rangers-men" beliefs seem to go hand-in-hand for many (not everyone though).

If Mike Ashley (or his representative) refuses to take action over the manager it will make it perfectly plain even to the most bloody-minded King-hater that he has no interest in building the club. The board will lose a sizable chunk of the small support they still have. Are they trying to alienate absolutely everyone?

Or don't they care? How low does their approval rating, the crowd and their profits have to fall before it bothers them? Nothing about this makes sense to me. How can letting every single aspect of the club go to the dogs benefit them? Surely they'd be better off selling up? It's like buying a bus and letting it rust on the driveway. No ones going to pay for a ride in it if they let it turn into a total banger. Are they hoping they might be able to salvage a few parts to sell as spares?

It pales in comparison because if we don't have a Club at all or have another insolvency/admin event which is controlled by the same people who've already shafted the Club (as the last one was), then we could be in very deep shit or not even have a Club to worry about.

Even if Ally and his teams had won every single game since the start of the 2012/13 season, it wouldn't have stopped the serious business & financial issues that Whyte, GreenCo & their cronies have left us with.

There is absolutely no way that the investment issues are Ally's fault, the team's fault or the fans' fault because they're almost entirely down to the business being run poorly overall in a corporate and financial sense as well as the completely bizarre commercial contracts which were done by Green & co.

The Club has been properly stitched up by a succession of chancers and conmen and Ally isn't one of them despite his obvious and growing failures as a manager.

I agree with what you're saying but do you think a side losing to Alloa in the cup and 9 points behind in the 2nd tier attracts investment?

The quality of football is also a significant reason for the rapidly declining attendances. We're a mess both on the park and off it, Ally being the primary cause of the former.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

McCoist will lose a lot of respect from his peers when he is finally prised from the managers position. I have lost all respect for him and will always look on him with distain till the end of my days.

He is now a sad pathetic figure in my eyes.

McCoist will lose a lot of respect from his peers when he is finally prised from the managers position. I have lost all respect for him and will always look on him with distain till the end of my days.

He is now a sad pathetic figure in my eyes.

He has ruined all the good work he done as a player, we can't ever forget his contribution but his status will now always be slightly tainted by the mess he has made as manager. It will. Ally McCoist the player and Ally McCoist the manager are still the same person and it's not a nice one. He wasn't very nice when he was a player either, just ask Alison.