There is still hope that Ally will do the decent thing and takes his hat without looking for a severance package.

Replacements? Who's the guy who motivated this Alloa lot last Wednesday? We sure need some "kick'em at the backside" guy, hopefully with a bit of tactical awareness. I wouldn't mind Neil McCann as co-manager either. But first and foremost we need a leader on the park, someone who gives out the order of the day and makes sure it is been carried out 90+ mins. Preferrably one who drips light-blue blood.

decent for who? certainly not ally.

the ****s perhaps.

He'd be an excellent appointment.

Thanks Zappa. I posted this on here a while back - I was in the football memorabilia shop up the top of the High Street in Glasgow. I got speaking to the guy running it about the framed Gers stuff he had. He said "Arthur gave me most of them before he went back to Holland. It broke his heart going back as he felt that this was now his home and he loves the Gers so much. He would have taken anything at Rangers."

Edited by Anchorman

Thanks Zappa. I posted this on here a while back - I was in the football memorabilia shop up the top of the High Street in Glasgow. I got speaking to the guy running it about the framed Gers stuff he had. He said "Arthur gave me most of them before he went back to Holland. It broke his heart going back as he felt that this was now his home and he loves the Gers so much. He would have taken anything at Rangers."

With his managerial and scouting experience plus the fact that we really need to get the Club's finances under control, he's the type of guy who could maybe even do 2 jobs at the same time like be part of the management team (assistant?) and also a Club scout.

With his managerial and scouting experience plus the fact that we really need to get the Club's finances under control, he's the type of guy who could maybe even do 2 jobs at the same time like be part of the management team (assistant?) and also a Club scout.

I believe he already has a scouting network that feeds into him from his time at Alkmaar Zaanstreek and Aston Villa. Maybe one of our Dutch based guys can elaborate?

Edited by Anchorman

That's fine, but who is going to finance the scouting network?

Ian Black is out of contract in a few months. His wage could pay for a team of scouts up and down the country. Or Lee McCullochs. Guys who shouldn't' get new ones will be freeing up millions. 15 other players out of contract in the summer. There will be money there depending on what the footballing budget is. The team coudl easily sacrifice a Black or Daly to hire a team of scouts but does this manager want that? I'm sure we both know the answer.

Edited by Super Cooper

Ian Black is out of contract in a few months. His wage could pay for a team of scouts up and down the country. Or Lee McCullochs. Guys who shouldn't' get new ones will be freeing up millions. 15 other players out of contract in the summer. There will be money there depending on what the footballing budget is. The team coudl easily sacrifice a Black or Daly to hire a team of scouts but does this manager want that? I'm sure we both know the answer.

I don't dispute the player sacrifices nor do I dispute McCoist being reluctant to let them go. However, with the layoffs we've seen I am more concerned that this board will let the players go and barebone everything else.

I don't dispute the player sacrifices nor do I dispute McCoist being reluctant to let them go. However, with the layoffs we've seen I am more concerned that this board will let the players go and barebone everything else.

They will not go into the SPL and give the manager a smaller wage budget than Aberdeen.