Why not Billy Davies? has proved he can manage in a superior league to ours and genuinely wants the job. He'd have contacts too down south for players which the incumbents don't seem to have

His teams aren't renowned for easy on the eye football are they (I could be wrong)? Also he was starting to show some troublesome signs http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/24/billy-davies-nippy-sweetie-nottingham-forest - would he work under the current lot. If he got a bit tetchy in the English Midlands I worry about him being back in Glasgow.

I don't imagine he would be all that cheap.

In saying all that I wouldn't complain at the appointment.

His teams aren't renowned for easy on the eye football are they (I could be wrong)? Also he was starting to show some troublesome signs http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/24/billy-davies-nippy-sweetie-nottingham-forest - would he work under the current lot. If he got a bit tetchy in the English Midlands I worry about him being back in Glasgow.

I don't imagine he would be all that cheap.

In saying all that I wouldn't complain at the appointment.

We need someone with a proven management record with decent contacts in the game. I'm not saying Davies the ideal or outstanding choice but we're not likely to attract much better IMO.

Question about the McCoist contract - I keep reading that we cant afford to get rid of him which I can understand, however does anyone know if there is any performance related clauses which state he has to get Rangers to the top flight? So if the unthinkable happened and we never got promotion, would we still have to pay severance for him and his coaches based on the fact he never won us promotion from the Championship?

Billy Davies wouldn't be in the frame if it wasn't for the fact that he is a Rangers fan. His managerial record isn't great, his teams aren't noted for playing attractive football, he has had a small group of Rangers fans enthusiastically behind him for quite some time, which could be divisive and problematic if he is appointed, and he's not noted for always working in harmony with his employer - can you imagine this Rangers board taking him on?

The first thing a new manager has to have is a track record of being successful while playing a brand of football that is watchable.

That rules out all the usual suspects.

(1)The first thing a new manager has to have is a track record of being successful while playing a brand of football that is watchable.

(2) That rules out all the usual suspects.

Successful at what level though? Given (2) above I would say Arthur Numan's 'success' and style of play as Holland B\Under 20 level manager may be worth a punt.

Edited by Anchorman