Rijkaard was chased from Barcelona and has flopped everywhere else. Also used to earning millions per year i'd imagine. If you are being serious, i'm not so sure.

Any manager could 'flop' in those jobs he took in Turkey and Saudi, so that's pretty irrelevant.

As a manager I'd say he was successful at Barca, both domestically and in Europe and on top of the silverware he also won several notable managerial and coaching accolades.

He also has the sort of football knowledge and pedigree, plus the coaching and managerial experience and philosophies that many of our fans have been crying out for such as expansive attacking football, bringing through younger talent etc etc.

Am I being serious? Yes, absolutely. It was only the other day you were lecturing on our Club's ambitions on the pitch saying winning a domestic quadruple this season was a 'realistic ambition', so why not aim high in terms of potential managers too?

A guy like Frank Rijkaard will already be very rich indeed, so money needn't necessarily be an obstacle if he's presented with an interesting challenge.

Edited by Zappa

My brother mentioned a name to me who's been suggested in the past, but not recently from what I've seen.

Frank Rijkaard?

Oh aye, I can hear it now. "Hi Frank, come for peanuts, we've no idea how long the team will be in existence, we'll not give you any suport, the team is shite, the league is shite, you've no chance of anything but grief and despair."

Frank: Dutch for "haud me back"

Any manager could 'flop' in those jobs he took in Turkey and Saudi, so that's pretty irrelevant.

As a manager I'd say he was successful at Barca, both domestically and in Europe and on top of the silverware he also won several notable managerial and coaching accolades.

He also has the sort of football knowledge and pedigree, plus the coaching and managerial experience and philosophies that many of our fans have been crying out for such as expansive attacking football, bringing through younger talent etc etc.

Am I being serious? Yes, absolutely. It was only the other day you were lecturing on our Club's ambitions on the pitch saying winning a domestic quadruple this season was a 'realistic ambition', so why not aim high in terms of potential managers too?

A guy like Frank Rijkaard will already be very rich indeed, so money needn't necessarily be an obstacle if he's presented with an interesting challenge.

He's had 4 jobs, failed 3 of them and been sacked in all 4. He had probably the very best Barcelona team ever, that's probably why he was successful.

Winning a domestic quadruple in Scotland for the 2nd biggest club in the country is a realistic ambition, hiring a man who's normal annual salary won't be far off our average club turnover for a 6 month period for a club on it's knees with a squad full of dross, fanbase in revolt, no money in the bank, on the brink of administration again, youths leaving in their droves and not one scout on the payroll is not a realistic ambition, it's delusional.

[unacceptable comment removed - Frankie]

Edited by Frankie

He's had 4 jobs, failed 3 of them and been sacked in all 4. He had probably the very best Barcelona team ever, that's probably why he was successful.

Winning a domestic quadruple in Scotland for the 2nd biggest club in the country is a realistic ambition, hiring a man who's normal annual salary won't be far off our average club turnover for a 6 month period for a club on it's knees with a squad full of dross, fanbase in revolt, no money in the bank, on the brink of administration again, youths leaving in their droves and not one scout on the payroll is not a realistic ambition, it's delusional.

Lay off the buckets.

We've had some big name suggestions and I was merely throwing another one into the mix because it's interesting and ambitious for numerous reasons.

Rijkaard could also no doubt work with other Dutch ex-Gers player suggestions we've already had here as his assistants.

As for your buckets comment, that's an unnecessary insult.

We've had some big name suggestions and I was merely throwing another one into the mix because it's interesting and ambitious for numerous reasons.

Rijkaard could also no doubt work with other Dutch ex-Gers player suggestions we've already had here as his assistants.

As for your buckets comment, that's an unnecessary insult.

Rijkaard is the biggest name by a million miles i have seen mentioned, apologies if i have missed someone.

That's an insult? Away ye go.

Edited by Super Cooper