Reading McMurdos Blog today, even he knows Ashley will not invest.

''Rangers are sick at heart. The answer is a strong leader but there is no-one on the horizon who fills that role. Everyone involved is hanging on to their own sphere of power and influence at the club. There is no Willie Waddell, no Bill Struth or Jock Wallace to rally the Ibrox battallions and have them face the same way instead of train their guns at each other.

Yes, there is Mike Ashley. I am confident that he will step forward and provide both leadership and funding to steer Rangers away from the rocks and back to ruling the seas.

But in all honesty I have to say that the margins are so fine at this very critical juncture that he might do so just too late to prevent a shipwreck.

And let there be no doubt – what’s left of Scottish football will drown in the wake."

https://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com

Edited by chilledbear

Merlin was fed a diet of Pish and Bullshit for so long, he doesn't know fact from fiction now. With Newcastle;s resurgence and a feel good factor there, maybe Ashley thinks his Rangers merchandise onerous contract isn't worth the trouble, nor the extra investment needed to maintain it?

It has been suggested in some circles that non-attending Rangers fans were disloyal or maybe even malcontents and rebels. Such suggestions were nonsensical and preposterous.

The club as most know it is done. Fans don't need to be particularly perceptive to know that Rangers has become something substantially different to what first attracted them to it.

The great irony is that the club is not a new one, but it feels like one. Those who retain an interest in it tend to do so for what it was and might one day again be, but not for what it presently is or is perceived to be.

The astonishing part of this affair is that there are Rangers fans who have not just stopped attending, they actually feel so cold towards the club that a thrashing at the hands of Celtic will not be the nightmare it once would have been.

Rangers has become like an ex-girlfriend to some, and while an attraction is fondly recalled, it has all but evaporated in the present.

I cling on to hope for the future, but my optimism diminishes a bit more with every day that passes.

McMurdo has just realised.

I don't think the same idiot who believed BPH had £50m to invest at the drop of a hat has now had an epiphany and moved from position of Ashley is the saviour to he might just do the decent thing....

I think the real answer settles with mentally Bill being a sad case who has swallowed a whole load of Jack's spin and now (if he ever had any) has no sense of what the actual fuck is going on around him much less to the team he supposedly supports.

I don't think the same idiot who believed BPH had £50m to invest at the drop of a hat has now had an epiphany and moved from position of Ashley is the saviour to he might just do the decent thing....

I think the real answer settles with mentally Bill being a sad case who has swallowed a whole load of Jack's spin and now (if he ever had any) has no sense of what the actual fuck is going on around him much less to the team he supposedly supports.

Doesn't he just blog whatever he's paid to type by his masters?