This smacks of the RST attempting to raise their profile, not to mention a wee GIRUY gesture, by muscling in on VB's petty tit-for-tat territory.

Have any of the mock offended on here ever taken part in, or even just been witnesses to, the singing of songs about Doyle, Burns, Macari etc? Did you go to the authorities demanding action be taken against the perpetrators and their club? Nah, didn't think so.

Indeed! Let the terrorist-minded get away with anything now, they've got such a big say in anything Scottish football (and some may claim West-of-Scotland society), what does this matter any more. Instead, have a go at fellow Bears not thus inclined. I for one can't think of many people calling themselves Rangers supporters with such a mindset. None, actually.

That gut wrenching misty dark January night still stirs the same memories for me every time I think of it. My dad managed to get out of stairway 13 although it was hours before I found out he did (no mobile phones in those days) .God knows what it is like for the families who weren't so fortunate.

The sick bastards who find twisted humour in it have always been there, and they will NEVER stop. For me personally I would rather their antics weren't given air time as I'm not sure what it will achieve in the bigger picture, other than ignite the pain again of that memory for those families. I'd be interested to know whether the families want this type of thing chased up or whether they would rather be left to deal with their loss as they have done all these years (I could be entirely wrong).

Edited by Anchorman

'The Rangers Supporters Trust'

You would have thought brutal football for three years might get a mention.

There would be plenty lining up to criticise if the RST started commenting on issues relating to the playing side.

It's certainly an area that I think that they should stay away from.

'The Rangers Supporters Trust'

You would have thought brutal football for three years might get a mention.

Any Rangers supporters organisation that goes down that route veers towards a slippery slope.

This smacks of the RST attempting to raise their profile, not to mention a wee GIRUY gesture, by muscling in on VB's petty tit-for-tat territory.

The RST have been issuing statements on this kind of thing since before the VBs were founded.

Yes, there could be an element of them trying to raise their profile, but so what? I doubt that was the main reason.

Have any of the mock offended on here ever taken part in, or even just been witnesses to, the singing of songs about Doyle, Burns, Macari etc? Did you go to the authorities demanding action be taken against the perpetrators and their club? Nah, didn't think so.

Mock offended? So you know everyone's feelings on it? You can't believe that people can be offended by the mocking of many people dying in a tragic accident?

Just because I or others didn't demand action be taken for songs that were sung decades ago, we can't feel offended at an incident that happened in the past month? I fail to see the reasoning and not sure why you're using them. If these songs were still being sung then I would agree that they would also be offensive.

It doesn't matter if it's 9/11, 11/11, Hillsborough, Ibrox etc, surely it's just human decency to be offended at the mocking of people dying?

This isn't about individual jokes at the expense of a deceased player that both sides of old firm supporters are capable of be it Burns, Cooper, Doyle or whoever, the graffiti displayed an Tynecastle was carried out by an organisation affiliated with a Celtic supporters group who wield a lot of influence within their club and who continue to carry out outrageous and disgusting acts and behaviour without the Celtic board seemingly caring or able to tackle.

Edited by PRW

I don't see an issue with the statement. It was terrible behaviour from this group and should be made public. Do we think that if there was something of a similar ilk about Celtic scrawled across seats by Rangers - do we think this would not be reported as an issue?? I seriously doubt it!

Whats more concerning is the fact that Celtic have came out and tried to deflect this away from them, as well as some of the Celtic fans on social media. The lack of action from Celtic only fuels the desire for these folk to continue with such despicable acts.

If you take a step backwards and attempt an objective analysis, it shows a pathetic tit for tat culture that only helps those interested, who look to take away ever more 'freedoms' for football supporters and society in general.

Within todays enviroment, there is an argument for this response but todays enviroment is one f**ked up place.