I don't see an issue with the statement. It was terrible behaviour from this group and should be made public. Do we think that if there was something of a similar ilk about Celtic scrawled across seats by Rangers - do we think this would not be reported as an issue?? I seriously doubt it!

Whats more concerning is the fact that Celtic have came out and tried to deflect this away from them, as well as some of the Celtic fans on social media. The lack of action from Celtic only fuels the desire for these folk to continue with such despicable acts.

The fact that SMV are affiliated with the Green Brigade makes Celtic's response all the more galling.

The media should be all over them on this issue but predictably they aren't.

A made up bullshit story about a dog being attacked for wearing a Celtic strip receives more coverage, quelle surprise.

The RST have been issuing statements on this kind of thing since before the VBs were founded.

Yes, there could be an element of them trying to raise their profile, but so what? I doubt that was the main reason.

Mock offended? So you know everyone's feelings on it? You can't believe that people can be offended by the mocking of many people dying in a tragic accident?

Just because I or others didn't demand action be taken for songs that were sung decades ago, we can't feel offended at an incident that happened in the past month? I fail to see the reasoning and not sure why you're using them. If these songs were still being sung then I would agree that they would also be offensive.

It doesn't matter if it's 9/11, 11/11, Hillsborough, Ibrox etc, surely it's just human decency to be offended at the mocking of people dying?

That makes no sense whatsoever - unless you found that human decency of yours in the interim period.

There are many songs/chants/acts which are in bad taste and if anyone wants to condemn all of them, then I have no problem with that, but to pick and choose what merits comment comes across as point-scoring rather than any concern for raising general standards within society.

This isn't about individual jokes at the expense of a deceased player that both sides of old firm supporters are capable of be it Burns, Cooper, Doyle or whoever, the graffiti displayed an Tynecastle was carried out by an organisation affiliated with a Celtic supporters group who wield a lot of influence within their club and who continue to carry out outrageous and disgusting acts and behaviour without the Celtic board seemingly caring or able to tackle.

Thanks for proving my point.

The message conveys the exact same amount of offence no matter who wrote it.

Thanks for proving my point.

The message conveys the exact same amount of offence no matter who wrote it.

You're wanting to enter a world where a line can't be drawn, I have no interest getting into that debate.

That makes no sense whatsoever - unless you found that human decency of yours in the interim period..

What I meant was I would comment on them now. I just didn't see the point in dredging up a song that I haven't heard in decades as some sort of justification for not highlighting stuff that happened in the last few weeks.

There are many songs/chants/acts which are in bad taste and if anyone wants to condemn all of them, then I have no problem with that, but to pick and choose what merits comment comes across as point-scoring rather than any concern for raising general standards within society.

Why can't you pick and choose? If you have no moral compass that allows you to differentiate between something mildly offensive and something a lot worse than that then fine, but don't assume that the rest of us can't.

What I meant was I would comment on them now. I just didn't see the point in dredging up a song that I haven't heard in decades as some sort of justification for not highlighting stuff that happened in the last few weeks.

Why can't you pick and choose? If you have no moral compass that allows you to differentiate between something mildly offensive and something a lot worse than that then fine, but don't assume that the rest of us can't.

Of course you can pick and choose, but you will be in for a big disappointment if you seriously expect neutrals to have much empathy with a support who for instance mock their rivals with BJK chants without giving a thought for those who have suffered at the hands of child abusers. Everyone knows that it is done to wind-up the opposition, it goes on at football matches worldwide and that it has been happening for decades.

As an aside, if you were informed that your mildly offensive was deeply disturbing to someone else, what actions, if any, would you take to more meet their sensibilities?

Of course you can pick and choose, but you will be in for a big disappointment if you seriously expect neutrals to have much empathy with a support who for instance mock their rivals with BJK chants without giving a thought for those who have suffered at the hands of child abusers.

I'd expect them to have empathy for the family and friends of those who died.

As an aside, if you were informed that your mildly offensive was deeply disturbing to someone else, what actions, if any, would you take to more meet their sensibilities?

That's a bit abstract. It depends on the issue, but I don't think hypothetical issues have got anything to do with this one.

I was in the car tonight and stupidly had Radio Clyde on with the usual band of Dhims on. I was just about to turn to another station when a very articulate Mark from Bellshill (Rangers Man) came on. His main point, which he put across very calmly and succinctly, was the very point of them not dealing with the section of their fans that do this type of thing e.g. mock the Ibrox disaster and ruin Remembrance Day silences.

Do you know what he was met with before he had even finished? He was shouted down by 'host Gerry' and McAvennie, - "How do you know they are not dealing with it" both shout. McAvennie then says "your Club have enough problems to deal with in more than one lifetime, and you want to come on here with your tit-for tat silliness". The host then asks"what do you actually want?"

Mark states "I want their Club to condemn them openly in public". The 'panel then ask "Where would that get you? Celtic fans will only come on and want Rangers to condemn their fans for X,Y,Z"

I'm getting bored even typing this, such is the predictability of it all. Peter Robinson, the Ulster MP, told a friend of mine many years ago - "we've lost the propaganda war big style, and we may never recover". How true. Our attempts are pretty pathetic.

Edited by Anchorman