I was in the car tonight and stupidly had Radio Clyde on with the usual band of Dhims on. I was just about to turn to another station when a very articulate Mark from Bellshill (Rangers Man) came on. His main point, which he put across very calmly and succinctly, was the very point of them not dealing with the section of their fans that do this type of thing e.g. mock the Ibrox disaster and ruin Remembrance Day silences.

Do you know what he was met with before he had even finished? He was shouted down by 'host Gerry' and McAvennie, - "How do you know they are not dealing with it" both shout. McAvennie then says "your Club have enough problems to deal with in more than one lifetime, and you want to come on here with your tit-for tat silliness". The host then asks"what do you actually want?"

Mark states "I want their Club to condemn them openly in public". The 'panel then ask "Where would that get you? Celtic fans will only come on and want Rangers to condemn their fans for X,Y,Z"

I'm getting bored even typing this, such is the predictability of it all. Peter Robinson, the Ulster MP, told a friend of mine many years ago - "we've lost the propaganda war big style, and we may never recover". How true. Our attempts are pretty pathetic.

Why are you even reporting this? In lieu of post #2, I can't make up my mind if you are being petty or attention-seeking.

Why would we get involved in this? We know what they are like. Fuck them. We are starting to sound like them when we start this guff. Lets be above this for fuck sake!!!!

As to losing the PR war, maybe the people who are winning the PR war have the same mindset as was given to Kieran Conway which he writes in his book ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/southside-provisional-how-a-blackrock-boy-joined-the-ira-1.2025633

" ... Soon after, I felt it important to follow the logic of the convictions so recently acquired and began my nine-month quest to join the IRA. This proved much more difficult than people might imagine. The Officials, unkindly, told me that my ambition was evidence of an immature adventurism, that the IRA had plenty of members, and that what they wanted students like me to do was to get our degrees and be assisted into positions in the media, trade union movement, and public service, places where we would be of real value to the revolution. "

"I can't make up my mind if you are being petty or attention-seeking.".

I've genuinely no idea WTF thats about. I want attention from sad arses like me who have nothing better to do at this time of night? :laugh: Petty? Go on, give me a laugh - elaborate.

Why are you even reporting this? In lieu of post #2,

Because it backs up post #2 i.e 'ill-thought out, and too easily made to look like tit for tat. The call on RC tonight was so easily twisted to make us look petty - as always. Even although the guy was much more articulate than I could ever be.

As to losing the PR war, maybe the people who are winning the PR war have the same mindset as was given to Kieran Conway which he writes in his book ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/southside-provisional-how-a-blackrock-boy-joined-the-ira-1.2025633

" ... Soon after, I felt it important to follow the logic of the convictions so recently acquired and began my nine-month quest to join the IRA. This proved much more difficult than people might imagine. The Officials, unkindly, told me that my ambition was evidence of an immature adventurism, that the IRA had plenty of members, and that what they wanted students like me to do was to get our degrees and be assisted into positions in the media, trade union movement, and public service, places where we would be of real value to the revolution. "

Can't work out whether you are still having personal digs or whether you are agreeing with what Peter Robinson said. I will go for the latter, so yes they have done that for decades now while we have slept.

I was in the car tonight and stupidly had Radio Clyde on with the usual band of Dhims on. I was just about to turn to another station when a very articulate Mark from Bellshill (Rangers Man) came on. His main point, which he put across very calmly and succinctly, was the very point of them not dealing with the section of their fans that do this type of thing e.g. mock the Ibrox disaster and ruin Remembrance Day silences.

Do you know what he was met with before he had even finished? He was shouted down by 'host Gerry' and McAvennie, - "How do you know they are not dealing with it" both shout. McAvennie then says "your Club have enough problems to deal with in more than one lifetime, and you want to come on here with your tit-for tat silliness". The host then asks"what do you actually want?"

Mark states "I want their Club to condemn them openly in public". The 'panel then ask "Where would that get you? Celtic fans will only come on and want Rangers to condemn their fans for X,Y,Z"

I'm getting bored even typing this, such is the predictability of it all. Peter Robinson, the Ulster MP, told a friend of mine many years ago - "we've lost the propaganda war big style, and we may never recover". How true. Our attempts are pretty pathetic.

I stopped listening to RC long ago becuse of their blatant bias. They dont even attempt to hide it do they?

Whatever possessed them to employ McAvennie other than the obvious? He sounds like an illiterate jakey on the rare occasion I've heard him

Edited by RANGERRAB

I stopped listening to RC long ago becuse of their blatant bias. They dont even attempt to hide it do they?

Whatever possessed them to employ McAvennie other than the obvious? He sounds like an illiterate jakey on the rare occasion I've heard him

I clicked on the 'Agree' button Rab and a nosebleed started :P:thup:

i was in the car tonight and the panel was announced as gerry, guidi and macaveni. I though i see this hasn't changed much.