New Training Schedule at Auchenhowie

Looks better:rfc:

Quite something! :cool:

Of course all football doesn't have to be one touch but in the modern game possession and distribution has to be made quickly with good movement off the ball. That's where we struggle with Black and Law usually taking too long on the ball. However, it's difficult to criticise them too much as they don't have any runners in front of them with Boyd and Daly being far too static and others such as Miller, Aird and Templeton far too deep to enable to attack with pace.

It's not rocket science but it's a problem our manager seems unable to fix.

Of course all football doesn't have to be one touch but in the modern game possession and distribution has to be made quickly with good movement off the ball. That's where we struggle with Black and Law usually taking too long on the ball. However, it's difficult to criticise them too much as they don't have any runners in front of them with Boyd and Daly being far too static and others such as Miller, Aird and Templeton far too deep to enable to attack with pace.

Natural talent is one thing but technique and control of the ball can be worked on.

Pace is something else of course, which Ally doesn't help with his signings and selections.

However, it's difficult to criticise them too much

It's not possible to criticise them too much. Black in particular has been in a Rangers team for three years, in the lower leagues of Scottish football and he has been consistently rank rotten. Without question the worst player I have ever seen in my 30 years at Ibrox, lack of skill compounded by a the worst attitude in world football.

We slam the board and McCoist, quite rightly, for driving away the fans. Some players need to take the blame as well, though.

They are far to deep because we don't keep a high defensive line.

It's not possible to criticise them too much. Black in particular has been in a Rangers team for three years, in the lower leagues of Scottish football and he has been consistently rank rotten. Without question the worst player I have ever seen in my 30 years at Ibrox, lack of skill compounded by a the worst attitude in world football.

We slam the board and McCoist, quite rightly, for driving away the fans. Some players need to take the blame as well, though.

See this is where we disagree. I think Black has been OK in the main but let down by a lack of options in attack. In general the manager's style of play has stifled us creatively and while Black isn't a creative player per se that has affected him.

However, as I touched on, Black does take far too many touches on the ball which means any gaps that do appear are quickly closed while he makes up his mind what to do. That';s the sign of an average player and Black is no more than that.

Obviously I'd also say guys like Macleod and Law are better (creatively/going forward at least) and they've suffered from the same lack of options.

To be clear, I'm not excusing the players - far from it as they've let the manager down too often as well - but merely showing why our style of play (due to the personnel selected) is so one-dimensional, restrictive and unenjoyable.

Look at Basel last night. Quick, mobile, talented and hard-working. And not one household name in their starting XI. (Apart from Marek Suchý who we could have signed six years ago). OK, they're not brilliant either but they are set-up to compete well in Europe while we can't even take a corner than can get past the front post.

They are far to deep because we don't keep a high defensive line.

Agreed and that's the point I made in my letter.

Because our defence sit so deep, there are huge gaps between the midfield and attack. And because our attack is so immobile, we can't get in behind teams that sit in themselves. It totally restricts the way we play.