Lucky Super! He gets an enhanced leaving package if it includes a shut up clause or lucrative book deal if it doesn't.

Not that I'd buy the book. Ever hear or read anything interesting from a player or manager on the radio or in print?

Remember folks, he's only offered it for now. It remains to be accepted and the timing of his departure confirmed.

It may be he leaves at the end of the season.

He's already wasted 4 years, another 1 would set us back even further. He must go now. We have a title to win,.

Exact timing's a surprise but there's probably something that triggered it (low price accepted for McLeod, for example). But it's been on the cards: the Alloa game had holed him below the water line.

I'm absolutely gutted, for the record. A keech manager but a class act,

Lucky Super! He gets an enhanced leaving package if it includes a shut up clause or lucrative book deal if it doesn't.

Not that I'd buy the book. Ever hear or read anything interesting from a player or manager on the radio or in print?

If there is no gagging order and Ally released a "warts and all" story, I'd be sleeping outside the bookstore waiting for it to open!

This is just speculation.

McCoist could be doing what the club should already have done - giving the year's notice that is required on a supposed rolling contract. With the news being made public, the club will have to offer him an entire year's salary or an agreed compensation sum. He really has to go quickly now that the whole world knows that he wants out.

Why did it happen today? Another guess - perhaps the club put pressure on him to change his assistants, effectively forcing him to resign if he wasn't prepared to do it.

If this is as sudden to the club as it is to us, they should tell McCoist not to travel tonight and ask Kenny Miller to take charge of the team in Dumfries.

Delighted with this news. It's now time for us to get this right, we have a battle on our hands to win this title and within the next year will be battling Celtic once again. Get it right Rangers.

We won't get it right. Probably end up with Joe Kinnear or Dennis Wise. I'm glad McLeish is in employment.

Guest dougiebear
Dear God , surely not ?

no one should forget, when we went into administration, Butcher was one of the first to put the boot in saying Rangers must be punished severely, I'll never forget that or forgive, for a former Rangers captain to come out with that, he should never be within 100 yds of Ibrox ever again