If he is resigning - it HAS to be with immediate effect.

None of this pish about 'I'll leave at the end of the season' You go now Ally, before you cause any more damage. You've had 3-4 years to build a footballing structure and bring a fresh football approach - you have failed miserably and have persisted with and brought in old journeymen who have been utter shite.

It kills me to continue to critiscise you - as you and Cooper were my footballing heroes.

Go now - but feel free to dish the dirt on the k.unts 'running' our club !!

This is just speculation.

McCoist could be doing what the club should already have done - giving the year's notice that is required on a supposed rolling contract. With the news being made public, the club will have to offer him an entire year's salary or an agreed compensation sum. He really has to go quickly now that the whole world knows that he wants out.

Why did it happen today? Another guess - perhaps the club put pressure on him to change his assistants, effectively forcing him to resign if he wasn't prepared to do it.

If this is as sudden to the club as it is to us, they should tell McCoist not to travel tonight and ask Kenny Miller to take charge of the team in Dumfries.

:D Why the hell would they do that?

McCoist may simply be after the money, that has been his main consistency all along after all. Along with being utter shit since day 1.

So will he be after his years pay and all his deferred cash or will he do what his performance in the job merits and walk before he can inflict any more catastrophic failure and embarrassment on our club?

He is a big Gers man after all.

:D Why the hell would they do that?

He seems to be the people's champion because he shows some passion as a player and talks a fairly decent game on the telly. Pretty sure we already have one of those.

I would be surprised if Kenny Miller was to make a decent football manager, though often players you wouldn't expect to do well succeed.

Having him in charge is absurd though. Making your striker the manager is what a third division side would do.

I was happy for about half a second when I read this, then I just got sad. I hope the scenario is resign -> in charge tonight -> gets one last Super Ally for the good times -> leaves.

What a horrible time it's been.

You know better than to expect the sensible, logical and positive to happen when it comes to Rangers mate.

I rather suspect Ally got wind that the board have been talking to Butcher and has (knowing that if Ashley doesn't want him his time is up anyway) decided to take the initiative and can forever say he resigned rather than 'was sacked'.

He has to go, but I'm gutted that it has come to this. There is now nobody in a position of influence who has any interest in the club. The club is now entirely owned and operated by people who don't give a flying fcuk about it.

If Rangers lose with McCoist in charge tonight, Ally will be blamed and so will the board. It will be a media circus if McCoist is in the dugout tonight and an uncomfortable distraction for the team.

Someone else has to be in charge.

I'm happy enough for it to be Miller.