Being reported that the board and legal team will meet with McCoist and his legal team on Wednesday. Could be out before agm? Billy Davis anyone?

From The Mail on Sunday.

Edited by BEARGER

Marvellous.

Now it turns into Jarndyce versus Jarndyce with the lawyers taking turns on the hind tit of the Rangers cash cow.

Let's hope there is a speedy resolution...

Billy Davis might be a decent shout but in all seriousness what sane person who would sign up to become embroiled in this mess?

Earlier in the day (1430hrs approx.) Jim Spence said that a meeting had been lined up for Wednesday.

I'd have thought that one way or the other, Ally not being in charge for another game.

However, this is Rangers, so count nothing out.

Releasing a possible name aswell might simply be about trying to stimulate speculation and expectency for change amongst the support, rather than it being an accurate steer.

Edited by buster.

People might scoff at Billy Davies but he consistently has sides at the top end of the championship, which has become one of the main leagues in Europe, and I can't think of any realistic alternative who is even in the same stratosphere.

He's available, he would likely jump at it, and the alternative is a Joe Kinnear/Dennis Wise type or a bottom end Scottish league manager.

If we were to look at the English leagues I couldn't see us attracting anything north of league 2.

Billy Davies?

Perhaps the last name I'd want in the job, and given that he seems to have a reputation for not always being in harmony with his employer, it would be rather strange if this board of directors thought that he should come to Ibrox.

A definite and emphatic no from me.

Billy Davies?

Perhaps the last name I'd want in the job, and given that he seems to have a reputation for not always being in harmony with his employer, it would be rather strange if this board of directors thought that he should come to Ibrox.

A definite and emphatic no from me.

If he is at the bottom of your list then whoever is at the top must be something to behold. Perhaps when we end up with Kinnear, McCall or Butcher you might re-evaluate your opinion. We couldn't even begin to look at any manager who has had a modicum of success in any decent league in the last 5 years.

Billy Davies is the archetypal 'nearly man' figure which Scots embrace so readily. His one success saw him take Derby up to the EPL, only to put out one of the worst teams ever to appear in a major league. Derby were always likely to struggle, but they were appallingly bad. Then there are his mental problems.....

The clamour to replace McCoist with anyone is reminiscent of the Murray to Whyte to Green to Ashley scenarios. Will lessons ever be learned by the Rangers support?