McInnes is pals with Ally, so he will be well briefed on the board.

what makes you think it's going to be an ex player?

What makes everyone think it will not be Mcdowall he didn't hand in his resignation nor Durrant? no extra cost just like Ashley likes, cant see us paying them off as well as ally.

Thank god Hately has no management credentials or he would be in with a shout!

McInnes is pals with Ally, so he will be well briefed on the board.

what makes you think it's going to be an ex player?

The question was who would I like it to be, rather than who do I think it will be.

However, some sort of emotional connection to the Club might make our complete basket case of a scenario marginally more appealing.

I think at this moment in time, it will be someone from England with ties to Ashley or with a proven track record in the EPL. Ashley has to get this right or the support decline will continue unabated. Assuming of course Ashley actually gives a monkey's f@ck? Which up till now he has shown a remarkable dereliction in a duty of care. for a supposed shrewd business man.

track record in the epl.

really.

and how are we to afford that?

it will be the cheapest option humanly possible and ashley probably wont know or care who it is.

only thing i would add to that is it is not always the cheapest option but that that makes the most guaranteed return for the cheapest outlay Ashley likes(or seems to)