Ex-Rangers star Jamie Ness opens up on being Ibrox 'rebel'...

He could have borrowed to pay the salaries til the end of august and would have sold the players during august. Quite simple really but he never got the chance as greed and self interest won the day

Sold the players during August? That wasn't his decision to make, Rab. Yet another TUPE regulation that you don't appear to understand.

ohh right so made up things that never happened were the reasons. How about you wait till you reach that bridge if it even existed instead of using ifs/buts and maybes as reasons to turn traitor? Is that all it takes to turn traitor? just an imagined hardship that may happen but didn't?

How did we pay the wages of the rest of the players? you know the ones that didn't turn their back and run? Did none of those players have bills or concerns?

He had nothing but concerns, not one shred of evidence or one penny missing from his pay.

how did he get on selling the ones that did stay?

the ones who all received their pay?

Turning traitor for financial concerns is a completely justifiable reason to detest these players.It makes what they did worse not better. They have zero backbone and no principles. They never endured one financial loss, they decided it was justifiable to leave all the other staff, youth players, coaches and players in a slightly worse financial position than had they stayed. All because they might with big emphasis on might have lost some wages.

CG is and was a complete c**t but that does not in anyway justify their actions. 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Would put money on the fact he also received a pay rise and was told as much before he made his decision to go and that had more of a baring than he will ever have the guts to admit.

they have been proven right time and again in leaving.

sure they could have stayed. the club would have failed but if it didn't their would just have been more plunder to loot.

people carry on like the cash would have been used to help rangers. it's counter intuitive.

the ones who all received their pay?

Turning traitor for financial concerns is a completely justifiable reason to detest these players.It makes what they did worse not better. They have zero backbone and no principles. They never endured one financial loss, they decided it was justifiable to leave all the other staff, youth players, coaches and players in a slightly worse financial position than had they stayed. All because they might with big emphasis on might have lost some wages.

CG is and was a complete c**t but that does not in anyway justify their actions. 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Would put money on the fact he also received a pay rise and was told as much before he made his decision to go and that had more of a baring than he will ever have the guts to admit.

When did this distribution of wealth among all the staff take place?

can we all blame a 20 year old kid for thinking about where his next week/months wages are coming from? Why should it be any different for footballers over any other walk of life, so I go to work tomorrow and I'm told the company is going into administration and no one can guarantee my wages at the end of the month?

what do you when you may have a mortgage, family to support, do you stick it out or do you look at other options, be honest with yourself?

easy to slate, but if you put yourself in their shoes, football is a short career, particularly for people like Ness, who I am sure were not earning fortune. It is incredibly easy for us to criticise.

Edited by MikeN63

can we all blame a 20 year old kid for thinking about where his next week/months wages are coming from? Why should it be any different for footballers over any other walk of life, so I go to work tomorrow and I'm told the company is going into administration and no one can guarantee my wages at the end of the month?

what do you when you may have a mortgage, family to support, do you stick it out or do you look at other options, be honest with yourself?

easy to slate, but if you put yourself in their shoes, football is a short career, particularly for people like Ness, who I am sure were not earning fortune. It is incredibly easy for us to criticise.

I can't argue with that. Having a Rangers heart does not go down well with the mortgage lenders.