Personally, I'd have said all this to McCoist either in person or by phone if I was any sort of a mate or had respect for him, instead of doing it this way.

I'm not disagreeing with the content, well, apart from the stupid way he's used the word liquidation, and Butcher, who can fuck right off, it's the way he has done it that doesn't sit well with me.

It's crass in the extreme and quite hypocritical of Smith to ask for answers to questions publicly when he himself kept his mouth shut and no doubt lied about his knowledge of events during Whyte's regime in the run up to administration.

Edited by Zappa

It's crass in the extreme and quite hypocritical of Smith to ask for answers to questions publicly when he himself kept his mouth shut and no doubt lied about his knowledge of events during Whyte's regime in the run up to administration.

Smith was in an entirely different position to what McCoist is playing at now. Even if your views on Smith are correct it does not make his comments on McCoist wrong.

I thought that Smith was the wrong man for the job. He is too weak to deal with hard headed business people, even the numpties at the SFA were too much for him. A management qualification does not mean your'e a good manager.

I think that's a bit unfair Zappa. Gordon had no idea what was going on. He wasn't a Board member so had no access to the financials.

He's saying nothing that hasn't been said on here and over the forums for months, he's just saying it to a wider audience. I don't remember him saying very much about himself being hounded out of the SFA by the bigots, nor much about that rat Whyte?

Maybe Smith should take some of his own advice, lets hear what went on with Regan's appointment at the SFA and his connections to Liewell, Regan's subsequent anti-Rangers crusade. Also what he knows about Whyte, Green and Ashley's early involvement with Rangers through his connections to Green.

Now that would be interesting reading.

I think that's a bit unfair Zappa. Gordon had no idea what was going on. He wasn't a Board member so had no access to the financials.

He might not have been a board member but I'm sure he came out and said that Whyte's behaviour was totally bizarre whilst he was employed as DOF and that it was clear Whyte had no interest in anything long term. If Smith had an inkling things were wrong he should have spoken out. That he didn't has never sat well with me and frankly this open letter is an insult.

He's saying nothing that hasn't been said on here and over the forums for months, he's just saying it to a wider audience. I don't remember him saying very much about himself being hounded out of the SFA by the bigots, nor much about that rat Whyte?

Maybe Smith should take some of his own advice, lets hear what went on with Regan's appointment at the SFA and his connections to Liewell, Regan's subsequent anti-Rangers crusade. Also what he knows about Whyte, Green and Ashley's early involvement with Rangers through his connections to Green.

Now that would be interesting reading.

Certainly would be interesting.

I don't think Gordon Smith should have went so public with such a letter given the role he played in 2011/12.

Generally, I think Smith comes accross as a somewhat bitter man after a series of failures, for various reasons. Primarily, he wasn't up to some the roles he has occupied in the first place, he bit off more than he could chew.

I'm not defending Ally and his record, he should have already been replaced long ago.

What this highlights for me is that over 90% of the people that this soap opera has touched have come out of it badly, many have been over compensated for their dishonesty and/or incompetence......and that you would do well to listen or read the procession of ex-players etc. with an open and critical mind.

Edited by buster.

I don't mean to pick on Bearger in particular, but a good few people online are coming out with statements like

what McCoist is playing at now

But we don't know what he's playing at now. Therefore to make the sweeping claim that it

would be stupid to even try and argue against

(SuperCooper)

the claim

that McCoist is a self serving parasite.

(Bearger again, sorry)

is a ridiculous fantasy. Other people can believe what they like, but to claim dissent from their view is 'stupid' is, well, stupid.

Edited by andy steel