Better Adkins than Gattuso, right enough, but that's his second sacking in not a lot of time.

I didn't like Pulis at Stoke and I didn't like Stoke when he was there but he's what we need to create a competent team

If we're going to dream about managers we have no hope of getting we may as well dream about someone who plays good football.

My ideal choice would be for Rangers to move towards a DoF & Coach Team like Hearts. I think potentially a Team of Mark Wotte and Arthur Numan would be ideal. One has spent a lot of time recently looking at the entire Scotland set-up, and the other comes from a nation that focuses on youth a regularly produces good footballers, and has spent a good few years with Holland B team.

I actually think that this set-up would also suit our much maligned Ashley involvement as I cannot see him forking over cash to buy players, but might be more amenable to putting in funds to support developments on the youth set up which will deliver on-pitch success and players with sell-on values. Providing he is still getting a club that will allow him to advertise his Sports Direct Empire.....

Just my opinion of course.

My ideal choice would be for Rangers to move towards a DoF & Coach Team like Hearts. I think potentially a Team of Mark Wotte and Arthur Numan would be ideal. One has spent a lot of time recently looking at the entire Scotland set-up, and the other comes from a nation that focuses on youth a regularly produces good footballers, and has spent a good few years with Holland B team.

I actually think that this set-up would also suit our much maligned Ashley involvement as I cannot see him forking over cash to buy players, but might be more amenable to putting in funds to support developments on the youth set up which will deliver on-pitch success and players with sell-on values. Providing he is still getting a club that will allow him to advertise his Sports Direct Empire.....

Just my opinion of course.

what is it people are totally failing to grasp about ashley

the guy's done nothing but take money OUT of the club.

what is it people are totally failing to grasp about ashley

the guy's done nothing but take money OUT of the club.

Putting money IN (to youth development) potentially allows him to take even more OUT - it is called speculating to accumulate.

I'm not saying he would, just giving plausibility to what True_Ger said

Putting money IN (to youth development) potentially allows him to take even more OUT - it is called speculating to accumulate.

I'm not saying he would, just giving plausibility to what True_Ger said

Essentially yes, that was what I was trying to imply. I cannot see him being a sugar daddy and ploughing millions into the club - but with the retail contracts he has in place, what may be the best option for him to try and keep Rangers on a good footing in terms of player development and focus on youth - it may keep the fans at bay and not be screaming out for him to invest millions in player fees and wages if we are producing a good quality on the park through our development set-up.

Speculate to accumulate as craig put it.

Its the only way I foresee Ashley remaining with Rangers without having as big a fan backlash as we have seen in recent months.