RIFC is supposed to be a 'business' with a football club attached, it even has it's shares traded on the AIM market.

Well just do your business, respecting the agreements that you have signed and if you can negotiate a settlement, fine.........

..........but f**k off with the airing it in public to escape what you signed up to.

Edited by buster.

Did they really though? That announcement states December 2010

It also states 'which was subsequently amended'.

From Jan 10:

ALLY McCoist has concluded his agreement on a reduced terms contract as Rangers manager but is still waiting to discover how cost-cutting measures at the Ibrox club will affect his first team squad.

Recently appointed chief executive Graham Wallace held talks with McCoist this week as he looks to address the financial problems at Rangers, who reported a loss of £14.4 million in their annual accounts last year. Wallace told the club’s annual general meeting in December that their current operating structure was too high for one playing in the Scottish Premiership, let alone League 1 where they are this season.

McCoist had previously stated his willingness to re-negotiate his own contract, which the club’s annual report revealed earned him £825,000 a year. He is understood to have taken a cut of around 50 per cent, which was confirmed at his meeting with Wallace. “It’s all done and agreed with Graham, so it’s sorted,” said McCoist.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/ally-mccoist-agrees-to-rangers-pay-cut-1-3264174

I understand what it means but why not just rip the old one up and give him a new one?

Are you a contract lawyer or are you a punter on a messageboard who doesn't quite know the full details of what may be involved and are taking a stab in the dark that you believe overules what actually happened ?

ps. excuse my directness, I'm in a bad mood :crash:

Edited by buster.

Are you a contract lawyer or are you a punter on a messageboard who doesn't quite know the full details of what may be involved and are taking a stab in the dark that you believe overules what actually happened ?

ps. excuse my directness, I'm in a bad mood :crash:

Punter on a messageboard haha

Dear Ally,

Go now and call up your friends Walter and John Gregg. From there command a Blue Army to lay siege to Ibrox and chase the bastards back to England/Greenock.

Much obliged

See that's it in a nutshell for me.

There are clearly people with an intimate knowledge of what's going on with the ability to lead the fans in challenging it. Yet, they stay in the shadows and what we get is, with all due respect to Craig and Chris, a couple of fans who are easily sidelined.

Someone needs to call a spade a spade here. And stand in front of the supporters at the stadium while saying it.

This Saturday wouldn't be a bad time to start. It would certainly make my mind up about going.

Edited by Frankie

Dear Ally,

Go now and call up your friends Walter and John Greig. From there command a Blue Army to lay siege to Ibrox and chase the bastards back to England/Greenock.

Much obliged

Both the men you mention have hardly set foot in Ibrox since all this began, and that in itself is very telling, but to expect them to lead a protest mob outside Ibrox is pretty much a non-starter. That is not the way they were brought up to see Rangers and they would view those tactics as distasteful. That may be regarded as old-fashioned now, but club employees were expected to act in a certain way at all times.

Edited by Rangersitis