Right he is going and as a manager the record books may show two titles but on the whole in my opinion he has been a dud totally inept when it comes to tactics if he ever had any .

But what about him as a player he went to England never happened maybe to young well never know because he came to rangers had a sticky start but was luck to be in at the start of the souness revolution were he played at the top end of a very good team he was very fortunate to be playing in front of some great half backs , good wingers giving him first class service and I am not knocking him in this aspect but I often wonder how many goals lets say jimmy millar , jim forrest , ralph brand or even big dandy would have scored playing in front of the souness/smith players .

Right he is going and as a manager the record books may show two titles but on the whole in my opinion he has been a dud totally inept when it comes to tactics if he ever had any .

But what about him as a player he went to England never happened maybe to young well never know because he came to rangers had a sticky start but was luck to be in at the start of the souness revolution were he played at the top end of a very good team he was very fortunate to be playing in front of some great half backs , good wingers giving him first class service and I am not knocking him in this aspect but I often wonder how many goals lets say jimmy millar , jim forrest , ralph brand or even big dandy would have scored playing in front of the souness/smith players .

McCoist was a class striker. I don't think we should even be debating this.

You could argue that the great Jimmy Millar and the lethal Ralphie Brand had even better back-up than McCoist. If I had played in front of Baxter and McMillan and between Henderson and Wilson I might have scored a few.

McCoist was an excellent striker who I'd say Souness improved by bringing in competition.

The only reason he didn't move elsewhere was he clearly loved our club so much and we were a (reasonably) big UK force at that time.

McCoist was a class striker. I don't think we should even be debating this.

Was there ever any real interest from teams bigger than Rangers? He had one good season in European football but i don't recall him running riot against top quality opposition. My old mans pal used to always say he was a poor footballer who needed too many chances to stick one away.

As a kid, i thought he was magic, i just seen his goals and thought he was great,. He was my hero.

Edited by Super Cooper

McCoist was an excellent striker who I'd say Souness improved by bringing in competition.

The only reason he didn't move elsewhere was he clearly loved our club so much and we were a (reasonably) big UK force at that time.

Where we rebuffing interest and offers annually Frankie?