SFA Compliance Officer issues Notices of Complaint against Rangers and Mike Ashley

Notices of Complaint: Rangers FC and Michael Ashley

Monday, 15 December 2014

The Compliance Officer has issued the following Notices of Complaint:

Alleged Party in Breach: Rangers FC

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 1: All members shall:

(b) be subject to and comply with (i) the Articles (ii) this protocol.

(f) behave towards the Scottish FA and other members with the utmost good faith.

Disciplinary Rule 19: Except with the prior written consent of the Board: (a) no club or nominee of a club; and (b) no person, whether absolutely or as a trustee, either alone or in conjunction with one or more associates or solely through an associate or associates (even where such person has no formal interest), who: (i) is a member of a club; or (ii) is involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management or administration of a club, or (iii) has any power whatsoever to influence the management or administration or a club, may at the same time either directly or indirectly:- (a) be a member of another club; or (b) be involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management or administration of another club; or © have any power whatsoever to influence the management or administration of another club.

Disciplinary Rule 77: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football.

Principal Hearing date: Tuesday, 27th January 2015

Alleged Party in Breach: Michael Ashley

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 19: Except with the prior written consent of the Board: (a) no club or nominee of a club; and (b) no person, whether absolutely or as a trustee, either alone or in conjunction with one or more associates or solely through an associate or associates (even where such person has no formal interest), who: (i) is a member of a club; or (ii) is involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management or administration of a club, or (iii) has any power whatsoever to influence the management or administration or a club, may at the same time either directly or indirectly:- (a) be a member of another club; or (b) be involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management or administration of another club; or © have any power whatsoever to influence the management or administration of another club.

Disciplinary Rule 77: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football.

Principal Hearing date: Tuesday, 27th January 2015

http://scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14110

Our future under Ashley looks precarious, at best. I have doubts that he will invest in us through a further share issue. He has used short term loans to secure control over us. Through onerous contracts he has grabbed revenue from our retail & advertising operations. To me, this is all he is interested in.

The Union of Fans issued a statement calling on the SFA to intervene. Have they not met this request?

I fear for our existence under continued 'Wig' control. SFA sanctions could also threaten our licence to play.

We are indeed between a rock and a hard place!

True. But my point was the rules were there before they accepted Ashley's loan and his chosen man yet they still went ahead putting us at risk of being hit with a fine or worse by the SFA.

It'll be interesting to see how Toxic attempts a siege mentality against the SFA over this.

They are running out of escape hatches. I really don't care who blocks the final one.

He will use his favoured poodles on FB, Twitter and RM. Merlin will be tapping away as we speak.

Interesting that they've scheduled the hearing/s for these Notices of Complaint against Rangers and Ashley for 27 January, just 5 days before our League Cup SF against you know who.........