SFA Compliance Officer issues Notices of Complaint against Rangers and Mike Ashley

An assault on admin staff earning peanuts as opposed to the colossal playing staff budget?

I would imagine the types of employment contracts will be significantly different.

non-playing staff will not be on a fixed duration contract, unlike the players. Mon-playing folk will most likely be on minimal notice periods & therefore will require minimal severance pay. If you want to sack a player who is 1 year into a 3 year deal, you would be obliged to pay the remainder of the contract.

In places I've worked in the past, it is always the contractors that go 1st - due to the type of contract they are on.

I'm sure there will be a number of players being told that their contract will not be getting renewed & that they are free to find a new club ASAP if they wish.

I would imagine the types of employment contracts will be significantly different.

non-playing staff will not be on a fixed duration contract, unlike the players. Mon-playing folk will most likely be on minimal notice periods & therefore will require minimal severance pay. If you want to sack a player who is 1 year into a 3 year deal, you would be obliged to pay the remainder of the contract.

In places I've worked in the past, it is always the contractors that go 1st - due to the type of contract they are on.

I'm sure there will be a number of players being told that their contract will not be getting renewed & that they are free to find a new club ASAP if they wish.

Actually i think this is what has happened as the players have downed tools, they've quite clearly not been trying in the last few games.

Edited by jhunter

Actually i think this is what has happened as the players have downed tools, they've quite clearly not been trying in the last few games.

Quite possibly. If some have been told to find new clubs, the last things they will want is to pick up an injury right before the transfer window opens.

As per rule.

The point is, can the compliance officer proof that he does? By the looks of it, an experienced business chap has joined up with the directors to steer the ship back on course. Yes, he has ties to Ashley, might even be "suggested" to the board by him. Yet, who is paying him? Is Ashley calling the shots though? How much time does he invest into anything Rangers per day? Just saying.

What Ashley has done is lending the club money, much like Laxey and Letham did. The maths look - on face value - dead certain, saying that Ashley got Wallace and Nash off and his man on the board. Yet, Wallace and Nash officially resigned, there was no EGM or something. Ashley has the club by the balls, but on face value not more than Laxey/Letham might have had. They, obviously, had no interest in other football clubs (that said, I have no idea where Laxey's money is involved).

Of course, if King and Ashley would exchange a few million and documents, King might get the same "control" over the board that Ashley has. nothing is simple with our club though, not least when King and Ashley are involved.

Just to be clear, no-one is disputing that Ashley IS calling the shots. Whether it goes as against the SFA rules as the SFA thinks is another point.

I dont think there can be any doubt about DB - it is crystal clear his man on the board is calling the shots at our cub, hardly any big surprise given the abject impotence of the current incumbents

What is also clear is that Ashley is going to have to make a choice very soon which bed to lie in - the SFA are only adhering to the regulations laid down by the "mother" organisation - UEFA - and no matter how mega rich Ashley is there is no way around that.

I wont gain any favours for this, but my own feeling is that if it comes down to a choice he will opt for Rangers over Newcastle for a variety of reasons.

Edited by D'Artagnan

I am neither amazed nor surprised that a vast majority seem to see MA as some sort of saviour , no amount of reasoning nor warnings from Newcastle fans seem to be able to change their opinion , these warnings are just brushed aside as so many were about CG and to a lesser extent CW . Yet again when needed the Rangers support is apathetic , both the buyrangers and Rangersfirst schemes are largely ignored , given that the Hearts scheme has over 8500 members tells its own story . We are far too good at ripping ourselves apart and throwing the blame at each other to actually see whats happening in front of us.

Your either seen as a pro board supporter by going to the games or an anti Rangers man by staying away , that many of those going want McCoist gone seems to by pass them as they refuse to condem him as its not the Rangers way , far easier to come onto the web and slaughter him that way ,I have been low as a supporter before , but this is really getting to me , I', actually losing the will to be bothered at all and the fact I dont even feel bad about is scaring the shit out of me .

RNS Number : 9810Z

Rangers Int. Football Club PLC

17 December 2014

17 December 2014

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Scottish Football Association Limited ("SFA") disciplinary tribunal

The Company has received a Notice of Complaint from the SFA, that it intends to take disciplinary action against Rangers Football Club Limited (the "Club"), the detail of which is set out below. The directors of Rangers will take legal advice with a view to defending the actions of the Company and the Club robustly in relation to those matters raised by the SFA.

For further information please contact:

Rangers International Football Club plc

Tel: 0141 580 8647

David Somers

They were discussing this on Clyde SSB last night & raised a valid point.

Exactly what power/jurisdiction does the SFA have over Ashley????

His only official connection with the club is as a shareholder - he holds no position within the club & is not an employee. This was always the issue with Mad Vlad @ Hearts - the SFA were powerless to do anything about his numerous rants about everything.

They were discussing this on Clyde SSB last night & raised a valid point.

Exactly what power/jurisdiction does the SFA have over Ashley????

His only official connection with the club is as a shareholder - he holds no position within the club & is not an employee. This was always the issue with Mad Vlad @ Hearts - the SFA were powerless to do anything about his numerous rants about everything.

Very true indeed. Despite all his connections with Ashley, Llambias is after all a man on his own with "vast" amounts of business experience.

The problem that we have is not Ashley vs the SFA, but Rangers FC vs the SFA. Given who sits there and the vague rules in place, they may throw all sorts of shyte our way ...