SFA Compliance Officer issues Notices of Complaint against Rangers and Mike Ashley

Wasn't it the case that there are chaps out there in Scotland having interest / shares / influence in a number of clubs? Did they also receive this notice?

Isn't there an agreement in place between Ashley and the SFA that he can hold up to 10%. Is - officially - Llambias working for Ashley? Or is it by default assumed that he does (which he obviously is, but can that be made legally sound by the Compliance Chap)? just a few things that the Compliance Chap would have to consider here. IMHO, Ashley did not reply to the SFA's demands and hence the CO acted accordingly. Of course, if I were Regan, Lawwell and Co., I'd also like a look behind the scenes of my potentially biggest rival and his "power broker" in the shadows. For the best interest of the Scottish game.

Wasn't it the case that there are chaps out there in Scotland having interest / shares / influence in a number of clubs? Did they also receive this notice?

Isn't there an agreement in place between Ashley and the SFA that he can hold up to 10%. Is - officially - Llambias working for Ashley? Or is it by default assumed that he does (which he obviously is, but can that be made legally sound by the Compliance Chap)? just a few things that the Compliance Chap would have to consider here. IMHO, Ashley did not reply to the SFA's demands and hence the CO acted accordingly. Of course, if I were Regan, Lawwell and Co., I'd also like a look behind the scenes of my potentially biggest rival and his "power broker" in the shadows. For the best interest of the Scottish game.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

let's hope the fa follow suit with newcastle.

I don't think they can. The SFA and Ashley came to an agreement which Ashley has broken. I don;t think there's anything he's done against FA rules.

What strikes me as very odd about the whole thing is how blatantly he has contravened the agreement he made with them. He gave them no choice but to issue this today. He could have ducked and dived a bit, employed a placeman, threw some smoke and mirrors but no, he agreed not to influence things in the boardroom and then flagrantly did so.

Edited by SteveC

he can't exert control over a the club.

As per rule.

The point is, can the compliance officer proof that he does? By the looks of it, an experienced business chap has joined up with the directors to steer the ship back on course. Yes, he has ties to Ashley, might even be "suggested" to the board by him. Yet, who is paying him? Is Ashley calling the shots though? How much time does he invest into anything Rangers per day? Just saying.

What Ashley has done is lending the club money, much like Laxey and Letham did. The maths look - on face value - dead certain, saying that Ashley got Wallace and Nash off and his man on the board. Yet, Wallace and Nash officially resigned, there was no EGM or something. Ashley has the club by the balls, but on face value not more than Laxey/Letham might have had. They, obviously, had no interest in other football clubs (that said, I have no idea where Laxey's money is involved).

Of course, if King and Ashley would exchange a few million and documents, King might get the same "control" over the board that Ashley has. nothing is simple with our club though, not least when King and Ashley are involved.

Just to be clear, no-one is disputing that Ashley IS calling the shots. Whether it goes as against the SFA rules as the SFA thinks is another point.