SFA Compliance Officer issues Notices of Complaint against Rangers and Mike Ashley

Not yet no. I didnt say he had did I?

Let's face it he's got vastly more wealth than DK whose money wouldnt last long the way Ally was blowing it on an antiquated squad with no resale value

So far it seems like Ashley has pumped money out of the club.

What makes you think he'll change direction?

Not yet no. I didnt say he had did I?

Let's face it he's got vastly more wealth than DK whose money wouldnt last long the way Ally was blowing it on an antiquated squad with no resale value

he certainly has more money but only one has tried to put any in or has previously.

Presume you mean the yahoos recent AGM. His influence at Rangers was raised and Liewell replied something along the lines that it would be for the SFA to consider.

Almost every yahoos I've met( and my conversations with them are very limited to say the least) is terrified at the prospect of Ashley becoming more and more involved at Rangers.

Mind you when you've got the likes of the UoF trying to report Ashley to the SFA for the same reason what hope is there ?

the ones i meet must be brighter. they think it's great he stopped king.

he certainly has more money but only one has tried to put any in or has previously.

How long would that £16m last? Believe me if we're to assemble a squad capable of winning the top division(whenever we get there) and back into europe it will need a lot more than that

anyone else get a headache reading this guff.

Yes, I value your opinion too. It is pretty plain though. The SFA wanted certain info from Ashley which they did not get ... NUFC blog

Mike Ashley owns Newcastle United outright, and he owns just less than 10% of Rangers, but is not allowed by the Scottish FA to go above 10% ownership of Rangers, because he owns Newcastle.

The Scottish FA wrote to Ashley in October seeking clarification about the extent of his ownership in Rangers FC , although it’s clear because of the £3M loan he has given Rangers to see them through the end of the year, he essentially now controls Rangers.

That seems to be what the Scottish FA is concerned about, and they want to understand exactly what the Newcastle United owner’s influence is at Rangers FC – because he officially owns less than 10% of Rangers.

Ashley has apparently failed to give the Scottish FA any clarification of his role at Rangers FC, and he is being charged with failing to behave towards the Scottish FA and its members with “the utmost good faith”.

You just wonder how the SFA will justify anything they want to do. Saying that because of that loan he "has control" over the club would be the same as saying "Laxey controlled" us when their deal was done. Where they? Will any loan-giver be thus "in control" and has his background checked by the compliance chap or the SFA?

Rangers FC are being charged with misleading the Scottish FA over the amount of influence that Ashley now has after the £3M loan.

Have Rangers stated anything about the influence of Ashley or have they indeed been guilty of not informing the SFA about said influence? Passively misleading the authorities?

Well, Monday can't come quickly enough. Who knows what will happen ahead of and during the AGM.

We don'tknow yet. He has to outline his plans for Rangers.

No, we don't know, but we can judge him by his actions so far.

If he'd behaved in a neutral kind of way it's possible I'd be with you, but the fact that he's been actively hindering our progress doesn't really bode well, does it?

Edited by Thinker

No, we don't know, but we can judge him by his actions so far.

If he'd behaved in a neutral kind of way it's possible I'd be with you, but the fact that he's been actively hindering our progress doesn't really bode well, does it?

I think we have to wait. No one is going to pump serious money in whilst we're out of the top division and not competing in Europe.