"Ashley plans to use Rangers as a branding vehicle for his sportswear chain Sports Direct"

For some, that line will mean endsville. In these politically sensitive times, even within the Rangers support, this crosses a line.

When Rangers becomes a branding vehicle for any company, it's hard to accept, but for this particular company, it's going to be just too much.

He would require to invest heavily in players and management team to get us into Champions League, we are light years away from that at moment. How does the "Rangers Brand" help him sell anything but Rangers merchandise ? We are not a big player in Europe as far as seling strips are we? Any business guys explain this to us lesser mortals?

I don't see any problem in any person having the majority in two clubs in different countries there is plenty of time for Ashley to work his way round things its not as if we the Glasgow side of the business are going to be playing Newcastle in any type of competition any year soon

"Ashley plans to use Rangers as a branding vehicle for his sportswear chain Sports Direct"

For some, that line will mean endsville. In these politically sensitive times, even within the Rangers support, this crosses a line.

When Rangers becomes a branding vehicle for any company, it's hard to accept, but for this particular company, it's going to be just too much.

It would do for me.

Better things to do with life/spend money on.

Edited by buster.

I would like to see the fans get back into the stadium and give the players on the park a lift as we have seen in recent weeks the manager cant get them playing so lets support the lads on the park and then between the end of the season and the beginning of next season we can decide weather the club get our support or we get the golf clubs out on a saturday

He would require to invest heavily in players and management team to get us into Champions League, we are light years away from that at moment. How does the "Rangers Brand" help him sell anything but Rangers merchandise ? We are not a big player in Europe as far as selling strips are we? Any business guys explain this to us lesser mortals?

A look at Ashley's history shows someone who buys poorly performing brands like Slazenger, Dunlop and Lonsdale, cuts all costs from them, repackages them and sells them exclusively in Sports Direct. Rangers currently fall into this market, we're a once widely recognised and successful sports brand currently failing. Even simple arithmetic shows why we're attractive to him, selling only 100,000 strips at £50 a go brings in £5 million, if you already own the retail costs associated then the economies of scale are massive, if you own or control the club you control the remuneration they receive too, you're basically only paying for manufacturing the rest goes onto the bottom line. Funding us for a couple of years isn't much of a gamble for him if he can gain control of us and our brand.

It would do for me.

Better things to do with life/spend money on.

I have no interest in Rangers becoming Sports Direct Rangers. The question for many will be to either stick with the club and hope for change in the future, or to pack it in and let the allegiance fade.

I've been amazed how many times people have told me that they have had enough, that the club is dead and that they won't be back - and I believe them.