Requisitioner says Ally McCoist deserves full pay-off at Rangers

I'll have a go, but I fear detail may be lacking.

It's about input vs extraction. When, say, Brian Stockbridge wandered along, got a juicy contract, acted like a pillock and was then bonusized to leave, that was wrong because he got out so very much more than he put in.

When Graham Wallace waddled in, splashed around rather aimlessly for several months then was bonusized to leave, that was wrong because he had achieved virtually nothing and absolutely nothing of any substance.

When Ally McCoist wandered in, became our record scorer, club icon, hero to millions, lifebelt onto whom many grabbed, right rubbish manager, then resigned, it's not so wrong that he is recompensed because he put in more than he took out. I confess it's hard to justify given quite how bad his teams have played but it would be beyond satire to rather meekly accept repeated pay outs to non-entities then get hyper about one to a pillar of the club.

Ideally I would prefer salary and glory to be the rewards without payoffs but that's the real world, the world of business many have pointed to when disparaging Ally, having it both ways as usual: we're a business! Except when it doesn't suit us! Then we're Mes Que en Club!

A Club! What a joke. 'Clubs' are formed by like minded people, friends, colleague,s who get together through a mutual interest. In the rewriting of history that seeks to portray McCoist as venal, though, people thronged Edmiston Drive of a gameday, drawn not by Baxter, MacDonald, McLean or Cooper, but by an exciting brand of business which drove the club to the top. Until unfairly banned by the SFA, 'Hullo! Hullo! We are the Balance Boys' was often heard booming out from Ibrox.

Having ploughed dispiritedly through month after month of this, we can put forward the syllogism that not only are Rangers not more than a club, nor not even no more than a club, it's not even a club.

What Ally did as a player is irrelevant. Like StockBridge, Green, Easdales etc, all he has done is drag us down, while he's got richer and richer.

See I can buy the argument that his contribution has been better than others.

However, I still don't think he should be taking any pay off when the club is struggling and/or he failed as manager?

Yes, he may be entitled to it but so were others so it doesn't sit well with me to complain about Stockers et al then look the other way for Ally.

In the cold light of a business day ...

The club is struggling business-wise not because of Mr. McCoist, but those who did the finances since 2012. It remains to be seen whether McCoist will get his pay-off while we are in dire straits right now, or whether he actually wants it. He is entitled to it, the sum is surprising, but as has been explained above might relate to pay cuts earlier.

Has he failed as a manager? Quite a subjective view, but one that is shared by many supporters. Since 2012 his prime job was getting the club back to the top tier. He's done 2 thirds of that way and this season is not over just yet. Playing good and attractive football to entertain and attract crowds, winning cups and signing quality chaps and rearing the young is all part of being a good manager, yet, it is a bonus to the prime target. In an ideal world, we would have got much more from McCoist and the players. Many had hoped we would. The stark reality is that the world is not ideal and McCoist is not the ultimate manager. We have every right to be disappointed by the development of the team, terming him "a failure" is leaving a few things out of the equation though.

The club is struggling business-wise not because of Mr. McCoist, but those who did the finances since 2012. It remains to be seen whether McCoist will get his pay-off while we are in dire straits right now, or whether he actually wants it. He is entitled to it, the sum is surprising, but as has been explained above might relate to pay cuts earlier.

Has he failed as a manager? Quite a subjective view, but one that is shared by many supporters. Since 2012 his prime job was getting the club back to the top tier. He's done 2 thirds of that way and this season is not over just yet. Playing good and attractive football to entertain and attract crowds, winning cups and signing quality chaps and rearing the young is all part of being a good manager, yet, it is a bonus to the prime target. In an ideal world, we would have got much more from McCoist and the players. Many had hoped we would. The stark reality is that the world is not ideal and McCoist is not the ultimate manager. We have every right to be disappointed by the development of the team, terming him "a failure" is leaving a few things out of the equation though.

There is absolutely nothing subjective about the abject failure he has been though it was amusing to see you rally one last defence.

There is absolutely nothing subjective about the abject failure he has been though it was amusing to see you rally one last defence.

You know, there is one special reason that I hope that Ally stays on till the end of the season, beats the Yahoos next month, and then rallies the troops and snatch direct promotion. To shut your constant negative stuff on anything Rangers up for a day or two.

See I can buy the argument that his contribution has been better than others.

However, I still don't think he should be taking any pay off when the club is struggling and/or he failed as manager?

Yes, he may be entitled to it but so were others so it doesn't sit well with me to complain about Stockers et al then look the other way for Ally.

Well then, don't look the other way. As long as you have been consistent on the matter nobody can call you on it.

You know, there is one special reason that I hope that Ally stays on till the end of the season, beats the Yahoos next month, and then rallies the troops and snatch direct promotion. To shut your constant negative stuff on anything Rangers up for a day or two.

I'll crack the jokes on here mate !! :snowman1:

I'm not which is why I'm asking why others seem to be.

I put it down to poor tactics in their battle against the board. Engaging in spin invariably leads to problems further down the track, even with the experience of Irvine behind them, the board have found that out.

That's actually a fair point which I had forgotten due to the abysmal quality of play - winning two leagues was the target, & he did it. I doubt if there's any clause in the contract which stipulates 'must be done with flair'. I wish there had been, though, and over the piece - from a fans view - I would certainly class Ally the manager as a failure. But from a contract pov, I suppose he'd solid.