Gersnet can be a hard school at times, Stan. :whistle:

Technical faults can affect any event at any time so I think you're offer to reimburse Anchorman is a fair one.

I'm sure the next one will go smoothly and wish you and the boozer luck with them. In a climate where many pubs are struggling, we'd do well to remember the ones which try to cater for bears in an affordable fashion.

thanks frankie,my pub is in a celtic area , they hate that we have a rangers bar on the main street,

my pub would no dought be a busier pub if i didint make it a rangers loyalist bar, that was my choice and i wouldint have it any other way,

its hard just now for rangers bars, thats why we need our own backing us and not giving negitive threads , supports us we are all in this together.

I think the thread is largely positive mate. You've got to take the good with the bad when putting on such events and I think folk are entitled to their opinion.

You may experience some criticism but we'll ensure it's constructive and if you're shown to react positively to any small issues people do have then it can only be good for business.

On reflection I have been a bit unfair, and I should have PMd instead. It was the first chance I had to vent my frustration at driving all that way and hearing nothing of the Q&A session, but as has been pointed out, technical glitches can and will happen at these things which are often unavoidable.

The event had the makings of a great night had it not been for the speakers. Big Jorg Albertz was there, along with Charlie Miller and Derek Ferguson and the guys all stopped for a chat quite freely. And the music being played on the night was 'tasteful' :) (especially when the doors were opened out to the street).

I was very fortunate to chat to big Jorg at the very end of the night after his autograph signing session. What a big gent he is. He spoke about how happy he is with life at the moment and his football academy back in Munchengladbach. He even had a great sense of humour when I asked him if he felt guilty about giving Peter Van Vossen such a shite pass, which caused him to miss the open goal.

I'm sure the speakers will be fine at this one and it will be a great night.

Edited by Anchorman

Sorry, I was trying be funny too since I know Blantyre pretty well.

I know it could be difficult area to have a Rangers 'friendly' pub.

I don't know the pub personally, my comment about Goram was simply because of another thread and the 2nd post on here where someone mentioned peoples ideas of a legend are different. I didn't realise you only had a few posts and probably hadn't seen that thread.

Wish you all the best with your night and well done even attempting to run such a place on Blantyre main street.